It’s the end of 2018 which means it’s time to count down the best recipes of the year! Did your favorites make the list?
I posted 127 times this year, which is 6 less than last year but honestly I’m surprised it wasn’t drastically less than 2017 because I feel like I slacked hard core for half the year between wedding planning and the stress of moving a lab. Oh and then trying to buy a house over the holidays, no big deal. Apparently this was the year of being delusional and thinking we have extra time and energy to spare. But I digress, it’s time to see which 10 were your favorites! As has been the trend in recent years, you guys seem to like both the indulgent sweet treats as well as the savory healthy meals. But since I couldn’t leave it at just 10 I also added my top 10 that weren’t already on the readers favorites list.
Check out my Instagram profile to see my #topnine2018 as well by clicking HERE.
BEST OF 2018 – READER FAVORITES
10. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Hummus – Dessert hummus sounds gross at first. However, when you realize that garbanzo beans don’t have a strong savory flavor you can see how adding chocolate and peanut butter not only make sense but are clearly delicious!
9. Granny Smith Apple Slaw – I mean, don’t get me wrong, we all need a good slaw recipe in our lives, but I’m surprised a slaw made the top 10! It does pair exceptionally well on top of a sloppy joe or BBQ pulled pork sandwich! What other ways do you serve slaw?
8. Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps – We actually just remade this the other night! I love a good lettuce wrap and they are a great easy weeknight meal.
7. Banh Mi Pork Sliders – I’ve not made this exact recipe again, but I’d made the marinated pork several times. It’s so dang good!
6. Coconut Chess Pie – All I did was add shredded coconut to my classic chess pie recipe, but clearly you all were fans!
5. Potato, Sausage, and Kale Soup – If you haven’t tried this soup already, now is the time because it’s not getting any warmer out there.
3. Mile High Peanut Butter Mousse Brownie Pie – This one barely needs an explanation. Brownie bottom stuffed with peanut butter cups, topped by peanut butter mousse and more peanut butter cups.
2. Cheetos Cookies – Well color me surprised! I’m curious to know whether this one got a lot of traffic just due to it’s unqiueness or if that many of you really tried them. If so I want to hear what you thought on them! I have to admit, while I would make them again they would not have made my top 10.
1. Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – Not surprising that this one is at the top of the list, especially since it’s the M&M version of the most popular recipe on my blog, the classic chewy chocolate chip cookie.
BEST OF 2018 – MY FAVORITES
(that didn’t already make your list)
10. Easy Cheesy Corn Dip – This dip made an appearance at our “Not Invited” party and became one of the most requested recipes I have made this year. If you have not made it yet, it’s easy enough to throw together for NYE tonight!
9. No-Churn White Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream – Will the no-churn ice cream trend ever fade? I certainly hope not because not only is it easier (even though I do own an ice cream maker), it’s so creamy! I amped up the richness by added white chocolate to the base and then swirled in some peanut butter. This too was raved over by all who tried it.
8. Sushi Burger – I love creative burgers and this one is no exception. There’s a bit more work involved to creating the patty and then again for the sticky rice buns, but I promise it’s worth it.
7. Lemon Poppy Seed Cheesecake Thumbprints – What’s better than the best lemon poppy seed muffin? A chewy lemon poppy seed cookie filled with lemon curd. This cookie was also adapted into my cutely creepy Purple People Eater Thumbprints.
6. Sausage, Egg & Cheese Kolache – I let my Czech heritage shine a little bit this year by taking on homemade kolaches. Inspired by Kolache Republic in town I stuffed some dough with breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, and cheese. If you want to try a sweet version might I suggest my Black Cherry Cheesecake Kolaches?
5. BBQ Hand Pies with Beer Cheese Dip – With my BBQ obsession it wouldn’t be right to not include one on the list. This is simply pie crust willed with BBQ, and dipped in cheese. Like are bascially savory pop tarts.
4. Chewy Sugar Cookies – Why is such a simple thing as sugar cookies on my list? They are sold as part of an ice cream sandwich collaboration with Indulgence Ice Cream in town for starters because they are so good. They are also the base for another favorite, Snickerdoodles.
3. Blackberry, Peach & Goat Cheese Pie with Streusel Topping – Goat cheese in a pie? Oh heck yes don’t knock it until you try it. With all that fruity sweetness, a little bit of creamy tart seals the deal.
2. Lentil Taco Skillet – I’ve made this skillet countless times, and served it in just as many ways. My favorite is in a bowl with avocado and a cilantro-lime sauce drizzled over the top.
1. Chai Apple Cake – Dude, this cake is freaking amazing. I was blown away when I made it and I can still remember how good it was 9 months later. This is why it’s the top recipe for 2018!