It seems incredibly fitting that November is Peanut Butter Lovers Month because my blogiversary just so happens to also be in November, specifically today! I cannot believe I have been doing this for 3 whole years now and Peanut Butter & Co. is helping me celebrate with a giveaway for their Total Nut Case gift assortment. After all, I am definitely a “total nut case” for peanut butter and I know many of you are as well!
But first, let’s talk about favorite peanut butter recipes. As you know I have many, but one recipe that I revisit most in my dreams is peanut butter pie. I’ve made pretzel, cookie dough-s’more, chocolate chip-layered, funfetti-layered, and cookies and cream peanut butter pie varieties. Today I am adding another to the list – The Bee’s Knees using none other than Peanut Butter & Co.’s Bee’s Knees peanut butter. With a homemade graham cracker crust, a fluffy honey-peanut butter filling, topped with more whipped cream and a chocolate honey drizzle, I’d say this is one heck of a pie for a celebration! Don’t forget the sprinkles ;-).
My 3 year blogiversary giveaway is for a gift assortment bursting with 8 jars of peanut butter (Smooth Operator, Crunch Time, White Chocolate Wonderful, Dark Chocolate Dreams, Cinnamon Raisin Swirl, The Heat Is On, Mighty Maple, The Bee’s Knees), 4 jars of jam (Seriously Strawberry Jam, Rip-Roaring Raspberry Preserves, Gorgeous Grape Jelly, Awesome Apricot Preserves), a 10-pack each of Dark Chocolate Dreams and Smooth Operator squeeze packs, 3 assorted flavors of Peanut Brittle (original, spicy, and coconut), a box of Corny Crunch peanut butter caramel popcorn, and a box each of our PB Swirl Brownie, Mighty Fine PB Cupcake, and Old Fashioned PB Cookie baking mixes. It even comes in a custom Peanut Butter & Co. reusable gift box topped with a silver holiday bow. Be sure to use the Rafflecopter widget at the bottom of this post to enter for a chance to win!
One year ago: Funfetti Cheesecake White Chocolate Brownies
Two years ago: Funfetti Truffle Chocolate Cupcakes
THE BEE’S KNEES PEANUT BUTTER PIE
1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbsp brown sugar
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Pinch of salt
1 cup Peanut Butter & Co.’s The Bee’s Knees peanut butter (or 3/4 cup regular + 1/4 cup honey)
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp chocolate honey (or chocolate syrup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Add the butter and toss with a fork until all of the crumbs are moistened. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, then bake until set, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely *.
- In a large bowl, beat together peanut butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium, until well combined.
- In another large bow, whip the heavy cream on medium-high until soft peaks form *. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in 3/4 of the whipped cream until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into cooled pie shell and smooth mixture to edges of pie.
- Spread remaining whipped cream over the pie and drizzle with honey.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
* For a shortcut, use a prepared graham cracker crust and a 12 oz. container of thawed whipped topping.
** To make lighter, use reduced fat cream cheese and lite whipped topping.
Disclosure: Giveaway provided by Peanut Butter & Co. Peanut butter used in recipe was purchased myself. I was not compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.