Crunchy, chocolate biscotti stuffed with a layer of peanut butter and drizzled with a little more on top for good measure.
Week two of #PBchocSat actually brings a recipe I meant to share at the end of last season. Believe it or not I fell off track and missed posting for a game. That’s not to say I missed watching the game itself, especially since it was the THE GAME. It was Thanksgiving weekend and we hosted Bob’s parents so in planning/prepping for that feast that I neglected to remember to write up ad schedule this post ahead of time. Lucky for me that means slightly less work now as I had one less thing to make this week!
These chocolate biscotti are stuffed with straight peanut butter, a similar situation to the nutella stuffed version I shared awhile back from which these were obviously based. Just like those, they lack the second baking step which I guess makes them not true biscotti, but oh well. I prefer my biscotti to not be rock hard. Feel free to throw them back in the oven after being sliced for 10 more minutes if you are a purist.
Three years ago: Peach Pecan Oatmeal
Four years ago: Buckeye Shortbread Cookies
Five years ago: Blueberry Kale Smoothie
Six years ago: Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate Shell
Seven years ago: Gluten-Free Jumbo Chocolate Pomegranate Quinoa Cookie
Eight years ago: Baked Crazy Feta
PEANUT BUTTER-STUFFED CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp peanut butter chips, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the butter, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, almond extract, and salt until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs until just blended. Add the flour and cocoa powder on low speed of your mixer, stirring until smooth.
- Scoop the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Roll out into a 12×8-inch rectangle. Spread the peanut butter down the middle, leaving a 1-inch border on the 8-inch sides and about a 2-inch border on the 12-inch sides. Fold the top and lower sections of dough towards the center, overlapping the edges in the middle. Pinch the edges and seal the sides. Carefully flip it over, seam side down onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow it to cool on the pan for 30 minutes. Remove from the pan and use a serrated knife to cut into 3/4-inch slices.
- Drizzle with melted peanut butter chips and let set before serving.
Source: Adapted from my Nutella Stuffed Biscotti.