These carrot cake biscotti are dressed up for spring with a drizzle of lemon glaze and dried lemon peel on top. Perfect served with a cup of tea or enjoy alone!
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Somehow, in over 12 years these Carrot Cake Biscotti are only the third biscotti recipe to ever grace the pages of The Spiffy Cookie – the other two being Nutella Stuffed Biscotti and Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Biscotti (I like stuffed things, evidently).
But they are the ninth carrot cake-inspired recipe, joining the ranks of: Carrot Cake Banana Bread, Carrot Cake Batter Dip, Carrot Cake Cookies and even Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies, Carrot Cake Oatmeal, Carrot Cake Pecan Pie, Carrot Cake Waffles, and of course Carrot Cake.
I don’t know about you, but carrot cake is one of the first cake flavors I think during the season of spring.
To freshen up the flavor of carrot cake for spring even further, once they are double baked, these carrot cake biscotti are drizzled with lemon glaze and sprinkled with with dried lemon peel on top. You can thank the generous sponsors of #SpringSweetsWeek for that flavor inspiration.
Speaking of, make sure to check out the other delicious treats listed before the recipe card. Then after the recipe card you can learn more about these fabulous sponsors of ours and enter to win some sweet swag!
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
One year ago: Meyer Limoncello
Two years ago: Kiwi Coconut Key Lime Mini Cheesecakes
Eight years ago: Raspberry Pick-Up Pie
Ten years ago: Baked Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos with Avocado Ranch
Eleven years ago: Funfetti-Peanut Butter Layer Pie
Twelve years ago: Apple Maple Turkey Burgers with Maple-Dijon Sauce
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup shopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Dried lemon peel, optional for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time and extracts until just blended. Add the flour mixture on low speed of your mixer, stirring until smooth. Fold in the carrots and walnuts until evenly distributed.
- Scoop the dough onto a large sheet of parchment paper. Roll out into a 10×6-inch rectangle. Carefully lift and transfer to a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow it to cool on the pan for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, reduce the oven temperature to 300°F
- Remove from the parchment and use a serrated knife to cut into 3/4-inch slices. Place back on the parchment-lined cookie sheet, cut-side-down, and bake 10 minutes. Flip and bake another 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies cool, in a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Drizzle over cooled biscotti, sprinkles with dried lemon peel and allow to set before serving.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
This year 20 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 75 sweet recipes that are perfect for spring. So get ready to enjoy amazing spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, jams, and even a few beverages! Thank you to our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors that are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Melissa’s Produce, Anolon, Taylor and Colledge, and Selefina Spices for your generosity and support.
We have an incredible giveaway with four amazing prizes and would love it if you would take a moment to read about it on my #SpringSweets Week 2023 giveaway post and the prizes that you can win! a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Selefina Spices, Anolon, Melissa’s Produce, and Taylor and Colledge for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.