This post was made for #NationalSlowCookerMonth and is sponsored by Camellia and Banza. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Get excited for lentil soup with veggies, rich seasonings, and spicy sausage for a nice big food hug for your belly.
Time to stretch my legs and get back into posting some new recipes in 2020! What better way than by celebrating #NationalSlowCookerMonth with a bunch of fellow food bloggers? And of course a giveaway to get our readers into the spirit as well, in case the frigid temperatures weren’t enough to convince you to keep your slow cooker in regular use.
I am slowly getting more into lentils so I was determined to come up with a tasty soup utilizing Camellia dried lentils. I think adding onion, carrot, celery, a blob of fresh minced garlic and ginger, homemade vegetable stock, rich seasonings, and spicy Italian sausage was an easy way to ensure it was a success. I then served it over Banza rice made from chickpeas for some extra protein.
I ate this for lunch every day for a week and I did not get tired of it. Especially while watching snow fall outside from the window net to the break room at work. What’s your favorite thing to make in the slow cooker? Check the list below for the rest of the recipes shared today and don’t forget to enter the giveaway using the Rafflecopter widget located at the end of this post!
Monday’s Slow Cooker Recipes
- Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake by That Recipe
- Beef Short Ribs with Vegetables by Family Around the Table
- Easy Slow Cooker Lady Pea Cassoulet by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Homestyle Pork Roast (Slow Cooker) by Palatable Pastime
- Make-Ahead Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Lentil Soup by Frugal & Fit
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Tomato Pasta Sauce by Savory Moments
- Slow Cooker Curried Lentil & Sausage Soup by The Spiffy Cookie
- Slow Cooker Dinner Rolls by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwiches by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Casserole by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Pinto Bean and Chorizo Naan Bread Appetizer by The Freshman Cook
- Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Slow Cooker Tuscan White Bean Soup with Sausage by Blogghetti
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chickpea Noodle Soup by Kate’s Recipe Box
One year ago: Macaroni & Cheese Pierogi
Four years ago: Bacon Fig & Asiago Grilled Cheese Sandwich Minis
Eight years ago: Saltine Cracker Toffee
Nine years ago: Papaya Blueberry Almond Granola Bars
SLOW COOKER CURRIED LENTIL AND SAUSAGE SOUP
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb. spicy Italian (pork, turkey or veggie) sausage, casings removed
1 cup dried Camellia lentils, picked over and rinsed
1 large onion, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
6 cups reduced sodium vegetable stock
1 tsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cooked Banza rice, for serving
Chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat olive oil.
- Add sausage, crumble, and cook until brown on the outside. Remove and place into the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Add lentils, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, ginger, curry powder, salt, and stock to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve over rice garnished with fresh parsley.
Contest runs 1/20/2020 at 12:00 a.m. till 1/27/2020 at 11:59 p.m.
The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #NationalSlowCookerMonth bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and contest is open only to US residents.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #NationalSlowCookerMonth posts or entry. Thank you to our sponsors Banza, Camellia, and Rhodes for providing prizes