These key lime pistachio cheesecake bars are the perfect combination of two delicious desserts. Complete the fusion with a little sprinkle of crushed pink peppercorn on top.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks! The sun is shining, the weather is getting warmer, and we are celebrating the beginning of spring with plenty of spring sweets and a fun giveaway!
This year 20 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 75 sweet recipes that are perfect for spring. So get ready to enjoy amazing spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, jams, and even a few beverages!
We have an incredible giveaway with four amazing prizes and would love it if you would take a moment to read about it on my #SpringSweets Week 2023 giveaway post and the prizes that you can win!
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
What’s better than key lime pie and pistachio cheesecake? When you combine them into one – key lime pie pistachio cheesecake bars.
Let’s start from the bottom to the top.
The crust isn’t just your standard graham cracker, but with a little bit of pulverized pistachios as well. Then the filling is cream cheese, key lime juice and zest, and some homemade pistachio butter. To finish it off I topped it with whipped cream, more pistachios, and a little bit of crushed pink peppercorns.
Pink peppercorns as a garnish for key lime pistachio cheesecake bars? Yes trust me, the addition enhances the key lime citrus flavor as well as the cream cheese. It’s such a small thing but a tiny bit really does bring this dessert to full fruition.
Of course if you are still a skeptic you can omit it, but I challenge you to try it out on just one bite. Live a little!
One year ago: Crystallized Ginger Scones with Sake Poached Asian Pears
Five years ago: Maple Coconut Caramel Macaroons
Seven years ago: Eggs Benedict Breakfast Pizza with Spiralized Potato Crust
Ten years ago: Steel Cut Oatmeal with Bananas & Cobbler Topping
Eleven years ago: Roasted Cabbage Wedges with Smoked Paprika
Twelve years ago: Potica Nut Roll
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios, plus extra for garnish
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pistachio butter
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp key lime zest
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- Few drops green food coloring
- Fresh whipped cream
- Reserved chopped pistachios (from crust)
- Crushed pink peppercorn, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving overhang on opposite sides, and lightly grease. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, chopped pistachios, and melted butter until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until set and just barely golden. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, pistachio butter, and cornstarch until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, vanilla, lime zest and juice, beating on low speed just until blended. Add a few drops of green food coloring, if using and stir until just blended.
- Spoon batter evenly into crust. Bake 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight before serving topped with whipped cream, more pistachios, and crushed pink peppercorn, if using.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIEa Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Selefina Spices, Anolon, Melissa’s Produce, and Taylor and Colledge for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.