Your favorite peanut butter pie now comes in frozen form – on a stick! These peanut butter pie pops taste just like the real deal.
Peanut butter pie is one of my all time favorite pies. This is proven by the various versions I have made from cookies and cream, honey, pretzel, and s’mores. I even got creative and made a coconut-pistachio version once which also blew my mind. But today, I am finally taking it out of the pie pan and into a totally new apparatus…
…POPSICLE MOLDS!! Oh yea! I barely tweaked the ingredient list for my usual peanut butter pie in order to create these pops. Therefore they taste exactly like peanut butter pie if you froze it and stuck a popsicle stick in it. I mean, the only way peanut butter pie was going to get any better was by putting it on a stick. Because food on a stick is always a good idea.
These pops actually remind me of fudgsicles but oh so much better because come on, this is peanut butter we are talking about. And cream cheese. And in case you didn’t notice, I didn’t skimp out on the crust either. Never fear, your desire for pulverized Oreos and melted butter is satisfied with a crust-like layer at the base. The question that remains – from which end will you eat it?
Wanna show these pops some loving? Head on over to Peanut Butter & Co’s Facebook page and vote for them! Voting starts July 13 and runs until July 31. At the end of the month, the recipe with the most pins wins (**pins must be made through the PB&Co FB page**). Please please please with peanut butter on top help me prove to the world how much I adore peanut butter! I’ll even sweeten the deal by telling you that by voting, you enter to win $500 + a year’s supply of peanut butter!!
Three years ago: Caprese Chicken with Balsamic Reduction
Four years ago: Beef Negimaki With Broccolini and Rice
PEANUT BUTTER PIE POPS
Makes approximately 18 popsicles (depending on mold size)
1-1/2 (12 oz. total) pkgs. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups heavy cream
12 regular Oreos
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend with an electric beater until combined.
- In another large chilled bowl, add the heavy cream and beat until it forms firm peaks. Fold one-third of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Once incorporated, fold in the remaining cream.
- Pour (or pipe) mixture into popsicle molds, leaving about 1 inch of the top empty for the crust. Tap the mold to ensure the mixture fills into the bottom of the mold.
- In a food processor, add Oreos and process until fine crumbs remain. While food processor is running, add melted butter in a slow stream until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Divide the crust evenly between the popsicles, pressing down gently to compact. Insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least 6 hours and up to 3 days.
Disclosure: I was provided with a complimentary jar of PB&Co peanut butter. I was not otherwise compensated for this post and all thoughts and opinions are my own.