The iconic carrot cake with cream cheese frosting joined forces with banana bread to bring you two favorites in one.
Pack up all your green shamrocks cause it’s time to get ready for Easter which is rapidly approaching! As usual I’ve neglected my list of Easter-inspired recipes due to my obsession with St. Patrick’s Day. Instead of diving headfirst, I decided to ease my way into it with an quick recipe using boxed cake mix. While yes I am a big fan of cooking and baking from scratch, we don’t all have time to be Susie Homemakers and therefore boxed mixes come in handy. And when it comes to this banana bread make with carrot cake mix, who can complain? Just don’t forget that sweetened cream cheese spread!
In other news, 4 months after my 5 year blogiversary reader survey, I finally implicated one of the ideas I polled you all on – an e-mail subscription! You now have two options: receive an e-mail whenever something new gets posted on The Spiffy Cookie, and/or receive weekly round up posts where I summarize the recipes from the week, what’s coming up the following week, and sometimes bonus content! Oooooh yea so fancy. Which option do you prefer?
One year ago: Double Decker Greek Chicken & Falafel Burgers
Two years ago: Rutabaga Hash with Corned Beef
Three years ago: Hoisin Glazed Corned Beef with Colcannon
Five years ago: Roasted Cabbage with Lemon
CARROT CAKE BANANA BREAD
Makes 1 loaf
1 package (15.25 ounces) carrot cake mix, dry
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/4 cup shredded coconut, plus more for topping (optional)
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
2 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients until combined and a batter forms. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Top with additional coconut if desired.
- Bake the bread for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes and then remove from the pan and allow to completely cool.
- While the bread cools, whip together the ingredients for the spread until smooth. Cover and until ready to use and refrigerate any leftovers.
- Once cooled, slice and serve with sweet cream cheese spread.
Source: Adapted from my German Chocolate Banana Bread.