Journey back through time as I recap the best recipes on The Spiffy Cookie in 2015, both reader favorites and some of my own!
What a delicious year we had! To recap I am counting down your top 10 favorite recipes posted in 2015 (which does differ from the top posts in general in 2015). It’s always fun doing the analysis to determine which ones were your favorites; one by one they fall out. And just like in years past, I included 10 more of my favorites because there were some that didn’t make the cut onto your list that I am still swooning over. But man was it difficult to narrow them down to just 10 when I started with 28. I wish I could run stats on my taste buds to auto generate my list.
I also did the Instagram #2015bestnine which you can see by clicking HERE. You will notice a couple repeats between that and this list, and a few runners up made the IG top 9!
BEST OF 2015 – READER FAVORITES
10. Chocolate Deviled Eggs – Color me impressed! I thought for sure you would all run away screaming from this one. But they are surprisingly good. After all, it is an Ohio Poultry Association recipe and if they don’t know eggs, then who does?
9. The Mempho (Grilled BBQ Mac & Cheese Sandwich) – Originally this was in my top 10, but jumped into the rankings with only 2 days left in the year! I guess you guys are satisfying your inner fat kids before committing to your New Years resolutions. Or maybe you just cannot resist an epically awesome sandwich. Makes me miss that good ol’ Memphis BBQ.
8. Chinese Fried Rice – After finally trying my hand at my former coworker Qing’s fried rice I am excited that you enjoyed it too. Although I’m still convinced that she will always make it better than me.
7. Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwich Cake – Such a simple recipe with layers of ice cream and ice cream sandwiches creating a fun cake! I wanna try it again with different flavors.
6. White Chocolate Chip Creamsicle Cookies – These cookies are also one of my favorites for the year. They blew the socks off everyone who tried them, including myself.
5. No-Bake Peanut Butter Granola Cups – These granola cups taste like dessert but are good enough for breakfast. I know, because I did both.
4. Beet & Goat Cheese Pizza with Cauliflower Crust (Beetza) – This recipe was a huge success from the moment I posted it. You guys arn’t shy about trying new things!
3. Coke Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting – Classic coke cake turned into cupcakes. Messy, delicious cupcakes. What’s not to love?
2. Spiralized Apple Fritters – This was a fun recipe experiment, where I turned the healthy spiralizing trend into an oven-fried treat. I’d call that a successful experiment!
1. Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas – Once again enchiladas reign supreme. Almost every year the top recipe is enchiladas! At least I know what to make to keep you coming back for more.
BEST OF 2015- MY FAVORITES
(that didn’t already make your list)
10. Homemade Cardamom Pear Sauce – I was inspired to make this when I heard that Trader Joe’s made pear sauce but couldn’t find it. And then I added cardamom and became addicted. Already made 3 batches!
9. Currywurst Sliders – After experiencing currywurst for the first time in Berlin and hunting down a German food truck here in Columbus, these currywurst sliders are the next best thing. Sauce makes anything delicious.
8. Peanut Butter Sheet Cake with Chocolate Icing – Scraped every last bit of this moist cake out of the pan and have a renewed loved of sheets cakes. So easy to make and none of that fussy frosting decor.
7. No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Pie – I made a few no-bake pies this year with the same backbone and after a tough decision, this one wins. Just like a peanut butter pie except made with chocolate-hazelnut spread.
6. Root Beer Chocolate Chip Cookies – Since I already have another cookie on my list (spoiler alert) I was tempted to trade in for a non-cookie dessert but I cannot deny the magical powers of root beer. There are two whole cans in there! Told you, magic.
5. Italian Wedding Soup with Veggie Balls – This recipe took more effort than I usually like to devote to a soup but dude, it was worth every minute, I promise.
4. Kofta Platter – This recipe is up there for longest ingredient list and steps but looks can be deceiving. This platter comes together with ease but still tastes like you spent hours preparing it.
3. Salted Caramel Apple Pie with Crumble Topping – This came in at #11 on your list after the Mempho muscled it’s way off of my list and onto yours, so I swapped them. My favorite apple pie gets ever better with salted caramel inside and a crumble topping.
2. Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast Stuffed with Pear Hash – Best. Turkey. EVER. Seriously, why do we bother cooking the entire turkey when we can have this!? Being wrapped in bacon is never a bad thing.
1. Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies – These cookies were one of the first things I brought into my new workplace at the beginning of the year and they rocked everyone’s socks off. Sciencing by day, baking by night O:-).