These easy, no-bake granola cups can be made ahead of time and assembled when ready to eat. They make a great on-the-go breakfast or snack option.
It’s Saturday so you know what that means!? It’s another #PBChocSat post for today’s game versus the Indiana Hoosiers. First I am actually going paint balling with friends, despite the cold weather and rain, but once we are done blasting each other with paint I will be holing up in a hoodie and sweatpants to watch the Buckeyes play their first Big Ten game of the season, as it is not a home game.
As I mentioned, fall has been making it’s presence known through chilly temperatures and a constant drizzle. While I am definitely excited to bust out the boots and sweaters, the rain had me craving something with a little pick me up. These little guys make not look like much but they actually taste like little breakfast cheesecakes. If cheesecake had a honey peanut butter granola crust and a peanut butter chocolate chip yogurt filling, that is. While I expected these to be yummy, I wasn’t quite prepared for just how good they would turn out. I handed them out to my friends after paint ball and they disappeared as fast as I handed them out. Here’s to hoping the Buckeyes come up with as good as a win today!
Meanwhile, celebrate #Oatober with Bob’s Red Mill and Peanut Butter & Co. by entering my giveaway for one bag of Bob’s Red Mill organic old fashioned rolled oats and two jars of PB&Co. peanut butter. Use the Rafflecopter widget located at the end of this post!
One year ago: White Bean and Pumpkin Hummus with Spiced Pita Chips
Two years ago: Gluten-Free Apple Butter Swirl Cheesecake Bars
Three years ago: Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls
Four years ago: Pesto Burgers
NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA CUPS
Makes 12 cups
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Peanut Butter & Co. The Bee’s Knee’s peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups Bob’s Red Mill organic old fashioned rolled oats
8 oz. vanilla Greek yogurt (or plain + 1 tsp vanilla extract)
1/2 cup Peanut Butter & Co. The Bee’s Knee’s peanut butter
1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- To make the granola cups, first lightly coat the cups of a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, add butter, brown sugar, honey and peanut butter. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture starts to bubble. Once bubbling, cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the oats and stir until well coated. Divide evenly into the cups of the prepared pan. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of each cup (I used a shot glass).
- Place in the refrigerator and let cool for at least 30 minutes to set, or until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, prepare the filling. In a medium bowl blend together the vanilla Greek yogurt and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon filling into the granola cups and serve immediately. Top with slices of banana, apple, or more chocolate chips if desired.
Source: Adapted from my No-Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars.
Made something from the blog?
Be sure to share it
on Instagram with the
Disclosure: I received complimentary jars of peanut butter and oats as part of Peanut Butter & Co.’s Yum Squad and giveaway is provided by Peanut Butter & Co. I was not otherwise compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.