These tender pecan shortbread cookies are also flavored with fresh rosemary and drizzled with honey-ginger icing. Sprinkle a little extra fresh grated ginger on top for one delicious fall cookie.
This content was created using complimentary products from Melissa’s Produce, Millican Pecans, Dixie Crystals, and Taylor & Colledge. I was not otherwise compensated and all thoughts/opinions are my own.
Normally I only think to make shortbread for the winter holidays, but after making these that needs to change.
Not only are there pecans and rosemary in the dough itself, they are also topped with a honey-ginger icing and a little extra fresh grated ginger in case you had any doubts about the flavor.
You could easily press a whole pecan on top before baking these but I didn’t want a big crunchy pecan stealing the show from this uniquely tender cookie.
What do they taste like? The base reminds is reminiscent of pecan sandies, but tender instead of crunchy. But then add the savory warmth of the herbal rosemary flavor. Then mellow out that rosemary with the sweetness of honey in the icing, with a little zing from the fresh ginger.
These cookies are basically a fall flavor party for your taste buds.
Check out the prizes up for grabs for these and more sponsors below and use the widget to enter the giveaway at the end of this post.
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
- Apple Cider Milk Tea With Boba And Caramel Apple from Magical Ingredients
- Apple Cider Old Fashioned from Books n’ Cooks
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Donut Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pear and Apple Cider Scones from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiced Pumpkin Coffee Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Balsamic Roasted Purple Brussels Sprouts W/ Grapes & Chestnuts from Savory Moments
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Pumpkin Muffins from Blogghetti
- Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley from Family Around the Table
- Glazed Cippolini Onions With Rosemary from Life Love and Good Food
- Sweet Potato Latkes from Take Two Tapas
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork With Apple Slaw from Simple and Savory
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce from Jen around the world
- Apple Blondies from Eat Move Make
- Apple Turnover from Art of Natural Living
- Butterscotch Pie from Lemon Blossoms
- Gf Cinnamon Graham Cracker Cupcakes from Frugal & Fit
- No- Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake With Salted Caramel Glaze from West Via Midwest
- Oatmeal Scotchies from Palatable Pastime
- Pear Bundt Cake from The Fresh Cooky
- Pear Cobbler from Fresh April Flours
- Pear Crisp Ice Cream from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pecan Butter Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Pecan Pie Bars from Devour Dinner
- Pumpkin Cupcakes from House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies from SueBee Homemaker
- Sweet Tea Panna Cotta from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Turtle Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches from That Recipe
One year ago: Easy Apple Dumplings
Two years ago: Lemon Cookies with Caramelized Milk Jam
Five years ago: Weekly Meal Plan #30
Six years ago: Mesquite Chicken Sausage and Pepper Pizza
Seven years ago: Cheetos Cheeseburgers
Nine years ago: Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Browned Butter Sauce
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup minced pecan pieces
- 2 Tbsp fresh minced rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in the powdered sugar, cornstarch, flour, pecans, rosemary, and salt. Beat on low for one minute, then on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn out dough onto a sheet of waxed paper. Form dough into two 8” logs and roll up in the wax paper sheet and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookies sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper, set aside.
- Unroll the logs of shortbread dough and slice each into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Place on prepared cookie sheets and bake for 7-10 until just set and edges have not yet begun to brown. Cool on wire racks.
- While the cookies cool, in a small bowl whisk together icing ingredients, adding more milk or sugar as needed to reach desired consistency. Drizzle tops of cookies with icing, then chill to set. Store in an airtight container.
Source: Adapted from my Dark Chocolate Dipped Orang Spice Shortbread.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 valuea Rafflecopter giveaway
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.