Cheese up your traditional cheeseburger. Cheetos cheeseburgers have smashed Cheetos mixed right into the burger meat, and with a slice of cheddar on top it’s a double cheeseburger!
National Cheeseburger Day is a food holiday that should not go unnoticed. In an effort to get your attention I decided to incorporate some extra cheesy-ness in the form of Cheetos.
After posting recipes for Cheetos crispie treats and caramelized Cheetos it seems like you cannot get enough of the “dangerously cheesy” stuff and I’m starting to wonder what isn’t good with Cheetos? I actually posted a recipe for Cheetos crusted chicken a long time ago, back in the early days of this blog. You should check it out ;-).
I thought up this cheeseburger back when I made the World Peas burgers. The idea of crunching up something delicious and mixing it into burgers opened up a world of possibilities and I took the obvious next step towards my favorite guilty snack – Cheetos.
While the Cheetos flavor in the burgers is subtle, it definitely adds to the air of cheesy-ness combined with a good slice of sharp cheddar on top. Maybe go the extra mile and serve it with a side of Cheetos Mac and Cheese or just more Cheetos
Best Burger Recipes
- Bacon and Blue Burgers from That Recipe
- Mushroom Swiss Burger from Art of Natural Living
- Spicy Red Curry Burger from Palatable Pastime
- Tennessee Burger with Bourbon and BBQ Sauce from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
One year ago: Spiced Peach Cake
Two years ago: Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Browned Butter Sauce
- 2 (1 oz.) snack bags of crunchy Cheetos
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 slices sharp cheddar
- 3 hamburger buns, toasted
- Favorite burger toppings
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (or large skillet on stove top).
- Smash in the bag with a rolling pin (be careful not to pop open the bag, spraying pieces everywhere). Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the ground beef. Form into three patties.
- Grease grill and then add the patties. Cook on both sides, about 4 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- Top with a slice of cheese and serve on a tasted bun with your favorite toppings (maybe more Cheetos).
Source: Adapted from my BBQ World Peas Burgers.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
Post updated 5/25/2023, photos above and below are the originals.