Close the year with a round up of your favorite recipes from 2014. I added a list of my favorites as well!
Another year, another 300-some recipes. While the name of this blog does include “cookie” I try to rotate my blog posts between sweet and savory. This was appropriately reflected with the favorite recipes of 2014 being fairly evenly distributed between sweet and savory, both for the reader favorite list and my list. I was excited to see a single serving recipe pop up in there as well. What were your favorites?
10. Funfetti Gooey Butter Cake – Gooey butter cakes are hard to resist, especially with the additional of Funfetti!
9. Mini Reese’s-Oreo Cheesecakes – Combination desserts are the best of both worlds! No decisions necessary.
8. Goat Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates – These bite-sized appetizers were devoured even by the previously date-suspicious.
7. White Hot Chocolate Cupcakes – I am so glad to see that you are on board with my love for white chocolate.
6. S’mores Lasagna for One – After the success of the peanut butter dessert lasagna I knew a s’mores variety would be welcomed, especially in a slightly healthier, single serving size. You proved me right!
5. Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal Cookies – Because peanut butter is always a winner and I also loved these cookies.
4. Captain Rodney’s Baked Cheese Dip – Cheese and bacon. How can you not love it?
3. Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats – You guys must try eating healthier meals to balance out all the decadent treats (such as the 7 items above). My brain works the same way.
2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna – The first dessert lasagna I posted and definitely the best!
1. Spinach Pizza Dough – What a surprised! Who would have guessed that the most popular recipe on my blog this year would involve spinach?
(that didn’t already make your list)
10. Grilled Chicken Gyro Salad with Pita Croutons – Juicy, flavorful grilled chicken and homemade croutons on top of an easy, healthy salad. I could eat this salad over and over again.
9. No-Churn Fluffernutter Ice Cream – I went wild with no-churn ice creams this year but as expected my favorite involved peanut butter.
8. Smoked Sea Salt Caramel Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies – Inspired by my favorite cookies that Lauren made at Keep It Sweet Desserts. Although I think Lauren’s were better, I had to try after she announced she was closing up shop.
7. Caramelized Onion Dip – This dip became the center of attention as everyone hovered around it. I may never purchase onion dip again.
6. Corn Fritter Shortcakes with Maple Whipped Cream – My favorite creative recipe of the year, melding together corn fritters and shortcakes into one sinful breakfast or decadent dessert.
5. Mexican Stuffed Shells – Who knew Mexican and Italian food got along so well? Surprise favorite.
4. Maple Apple Pie with Walnut Crumble Topping – Adding a crumble topping to my dad’s apple pie was such a huge success I made it twice.
3. Peach-Mango Smoothie – Yes a smoothie in my top 3 because I still dream about this smoothie. It was so good it was like having dessert. Anything that delicious yet still healthy is a miracle.
2. Goat Cheese Spinach Artichoke Dip – Creamiest spinach dip I’ve ever had. Gotta love goat cheese!
1. Rosemary Mac & Cheese – Inspired by my trip to Seattle and made extra creamy with goat cheese (I sense a trend). This reheated so well it is now my go-to base for mac and cheese.