It’s time to rethink lasagna and serve it for dessert. This no-bake chocolate peanut butter cup lasagna is made of layers of chocolate graham cracker and peanut butter cup filling.
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Get your stretchy-fat pants on because just looking at this dessert may cause weight gain – we are having lasagna for dessert!
It’s a chocolate peanut butter cup lasagna using chocolate graham crackers for the lasagna “noodles”, cream cheese-peanut butter-whipped cream filling for the “ricotta”, peanuts and peanut butter cups as the “meat”, and chocolate as the “sauce”.
I did use reduced fat cream cheese and light cool whip to make myself feel slightly better when the inevitable face plant into a second serving occurred.
This incredible, decadent, no-bake chocolate peanut butter cup lasagna is worthy of today’s event – Ohio State playing Clemson in the Orange bowl!
Admittedly I am still a bit bitter about losing to Michigan State and therefore losing the shot at the National Championship Game. But that will never stop me from getting excited to watch some college football and indulging in the gloriousness that is this dessert.
UPDATE: That was until we proceeded to lose to Clemson as well… good thing I have an emotional support dessert on hand!
Evidently I loved this chocolate peanut butter cup lasagna so much that it has spawned an entire family:
- Banana Pudding Dessert Lasagna
- Coconut Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Lasagna
- Monster Mash Dessert Lasagna
- Patriotic Dessert Lasagna
- Pineapple Lush Dessert Lasagna
- Pumpkin S’mores Dessert Lasagna
- S’mores Dessert Lasagna (and a single serving version)
- S’mores Root Beer Float Dessert Lasagna
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (14 oz.) box chocolate graham crackers
- 1 (11 oz.) bag miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 3/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- For the chocolate drizzle: Melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream together in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the filling: In a medium mixing bowl, whip together cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla. Whip for 2-3 minutes until fully combined and smooth. Fold in the thawed whipped topping 8 ounces at a time until incorporated, fluffy, and light. Set aside.
- In a 9x13-inch dish place one layer of graham crackers (I used 8 per layer). Spread 1/3 of the filling mixture over the graham crackers, sprinkle with 1/3 of the chopped peanut butter cups and 1/3 of the chopped peanuts. Gently press the next layer of graham crackers into the filling and repeat, ending with the final third of the peanut butter filling.
- Frost with whipped topping, and sprinkle the top with the remaining chopped peanut butter cups and peanuts. Drizzle with chocolate. Chill overnight before cutting into 24 squares.
Source: Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
Items you may need (affiliate links):
Post updated 9/8/2023, photos above and below are the originals.