If you love strawberry shortcake then you need to get this coconut strawberry shortcake dessert lasagna in your belly ASAP. Easy to make and no baking required.
Coconut haters beware: you will love this! I made this for a trip with a group of friends this past weekend, three of which swear up and down that they do not like coconut and yet devoured this – literally. One of them had not 1, not 2, but 3 large slices! And while it’s supposed to serve 24, a party of 14 killed it in less than 24 hours with the remaining 3 slices eaten for breakfast the next morning (one was the 3rd slice for the coconut-hating friend).
While this is the 7th dessert lasagna recipe on my blog it quickly became a favorite, with requests for the recipe before I even got it posted on my blog. One pair of friends is making it this weekend for Father’s Day. Proof that not just Mom wants delicious desserts on their special day. What makes this dessert lasagna different from the others is the use of vanilla wafers instead of graham crackers or Oreos and a layer of fresh strawberries! With strawberries being in season you really have no excuse not to make it.
Six years ago: Guest Post: Cream Cheese & Jelly Pound Cake by Keep It Sweet
NO-BAKE COCONUT STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE DESSERT LASAGNA
1-1/2 lbs. fresh strawberries, thinly sliced and divided
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup water
COCONUT CREAM FILLING
1 cup heavy cream (or full fat coconut milk)
1 (3.4 oz.) package coconut cream instant pudding
3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
16 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 (14 oz.) boxes vanilla wafers
1/2 lb. fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes, toasted
- Prepare the strawberry filling: In small bowl, crush enough strawberries to make 1 cup. In a small saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch, stir in crushed strawberries and water. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat, stir in remaining strawberries,and allow to cool.
- Prepare the coconut cream filling: In a large mixing bowl, whip together heavy cream, pudding mix, cream cheese, and vanilla. Whip for 2-3 minutes until fully combined and smooth. Add the thawed whipped topping and continue to whip until fluffy and light. Set aside.
- In a 9 x 13 inch dish place one layer of vanilla wafers. Spread 1/3 of the coconut cream filling over the wafers followed by half of the strawberry filling. Gently press the next layer of wafers into the filling. Top with a second 1/3 of the coconut cream filling, the remainder of the strawberry filling, repeat the wafer layer and end with the final 1/3 of the coconut cream filling.
- Top with more strawberries and whipped topping. Chill for at least 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with toasted coconut and cut into 24 squares.
Source: Adapted from my Monster Mash Dessert Lasagna.