This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetenTheSeason #CollectiveBias
Impress your party guests with this pumpkin s’mores dessert lasagna with layers of pumpkin marshmallow filling and graham cracker. Easy to throw together and can be made in advance!
Dessert lasagna is absolutely a thing. In case you are a skeptic, I have made several versions already from chocolate peanut butter, s’mores, speculoos and pumpkin, and even chocolate hazelnut car bomb. And guess what? They are some of the most popular recipes I have made so take that! And trust me when I say I have a lot more versions in the bank, just waiting for the right opportunity to strike.
After spying the slew of budget-friendly holiday baking supplies innocently displayed at Walmart I knew I was time to release another dessert lasagna from the vault. What better way than to do with with pumpkin!? Sure sure I did one featuring pumpkin last year and a s’mores one before that but what if they joined forces? Oh and did I mention I threw in caramel too just for fun? The result is something you don’t want to miss.
Layers of graham cracker alternate with a pumpkin spice pudding/marshmallow creme filling and sprinkles of chopped chocolate and caramel bits. Then the deal is sealed with a whipped topping, more chocolate chunks and caramel bits, and a drizzle of chocolate. And some pumpkin spice, pumpkin shaped marshmallows because they are just too darned cute to resist.
In addition to requiring no oven, this dessert is easy to assemble and is best when prepared in advance which makes it that much easier, allowing you to plan ahead. It’s definitely a great dessert to feed a crowd as it can serves at least 24. I think you should make it for your upcoming potluck or holiday party. Or invite some friends over and have a game night. Or whatever excuse you have to make to justify it coming into existence in your presence.
What is you favorite thing to bake during the holidays? Are you trying anything new and inventive like this dessert lasagna or are you sticking with the tried and true favorites? If you need some inspiration check out the Kraft Bake Center at Walmart!
One year ago: S’mores Pumpkin Pie
Two years ago: Cheddar-BBQ Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
PUMPKIN S’MORES DESSERT LASAGNA
2 oz. BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
2 Tbsp heavy cream
1 cup heavy cream
1 (3.4 oz.) package JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Flavor Instant Pudding
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 (7 oz.) jar JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
1 tsp vanilla extract
16 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (14 oz.) box graham crackers
4 oz. BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
1 cup KRAFT Caramel Bits
8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
Handful of JET-PUFFED Pumpkin Spice Mallows
- For the chocolate drizzle: Melt the chocolate and heavy cream together in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the filling: In a medium mixing bowl, whip together the heavy cream and instant pudding mix. Add cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and vanilla. Whip for 2-3 minutes until fully combined and smooth. Add the thawed whipped topping 8 ounces at a time. Continue to whip until fluffy and light. Set aside.
- In a 9 x 13 inch dish place one layer of graham crackers (I used 7-1/2 per layer). Spread 1/3 of the filling mixture over the graham crackers, sprinkle with 1/3 of the chopped chocolate and caramel bits. Gently press the next layer of graham crackers into the filling and repeat, ending with the final third of the filling.
- Frost with whipped topping, and sprinkle the top with the remaining chopped chocolate and caramel bits.
- Drizzle with chocolate topping. Chill for at least 4-6 hours before cutting into 24 squares.
Source: Adapted from my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna.