The only thing better than a chewy chocolate chip cookie is a chewy chocolate cookie with both semisweet and white chocolate chips and plenty of rainbow sprinkles to go around!
Yes, I am sharing another cookie recipe this week and as usual will make no apologies. We all know that I love making variations of my favorite chocolate chip cookies, but recently I’ve been making the big, fat version more often because they are being sold at a local cafe, Kolache Republic!
Kolache, you know those tasty Czech yeast pastries that are my latest addition to the how-many-different-varieties-can-I-make-of-this train? I’ve only shared three versions thus far but I promise there are more to come. But first cookies.
I promise the subject of kolaches is relevant to these cookies. How? Because this week marks Kolache Republic’s 5th anniversary and instead of dropping off my usual regular but perfect chocolate chip cookies I used half white chocolate chips and added some sprinkles in honor of their milestone!
I’ve actually made not just one but two very similar versions of these sprinkle chocolate chip cookies long ago, but neither were based off of my tried and true cookie recipe or jumbo sized – it was about time they had some sprinkles added to celebrate their awesomeness along with Kolache Republic! And yes they are also big and fat, aka double the size of my usual cookies, as I used a 1/4 cup scoop for each.
One year ago: Cinnamon-Sugar Blueberry Banana Bread
Five years ago: Review: The No-Cook, No-Bake Cookbook
Seven years ago: Peanut Butter French Toast with Chocolate Syrup
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 yolk, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended (1-2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients in three batches until just blended. Fold in the chips by hand followed by the sprinkles.
- Lightly coat a 1/4 measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop cookie dough, roll into a ball that is slightly taller than wide, and place on a plate or tray. Cover tightly and chill for at least 2 hours, but overnight for best results.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats (or parchment paper); set aside.
- Place cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are barely golden (will look underbaked). Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Source: Adapted slightly from my Big, Fat, Chewy Multichip Cookies and My Favorite Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.