Dessert lasagna is all grown up and ready to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with this Nutella and Oreo version incorporating Irish cream and whiskey. Get your Irish on.
It’s official, I have made more dessert lasagnas than savory over the past year. With how successful my first chocolate peanut butter cup lasagna was, could you blame me for then making a single serving s’mores version? No, because you loved that one too. Of course the next logical step was to make a speculoos version this past fall and as to be expected that disappeared just as quickly as its predecessors. So here I am presenting yet another take on this popular dessert lasagna, this time inspired by the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day.
It took me 4 different versions to finally infuse this dessert lasagna with booze, but I must say this is the way to do it. Baileys Irish cream just goes so darn well with cream cheese and frozen whipped topping, and then combined with the hazelnut and chocolate flavors or Nutella? It’s almost not fair. But of course you cannot forget the Irish whiskey, which is mixed into the chocolate topping. The only thing this dessert is missing to complete the car bomb effect is the Guinness and maybe because of that I should not have named them as such. Or maybe you should just drink a Guinness with your dessert. It is St. Patrick’s Day after all!
(Of course, you can omit the booze if preferred.)
One year ago: Small Batch Green Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Four years ago: Nutella Fruit Dip
NUTELLA & OREO CAR BOMB LASAGNA
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp Jameson Irish whiskey (or more heavy cream)
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1-1/2 cups Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread (or homemade)
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Baileys Irish cream liqueur (or more heavy cream)
1 tsp vanilla extract
24 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
15 whole chocolate graham crackers
1 (15.35 oz.) box spring Oreos with yellow creme filling
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
Festive sprinkles, optional
- For the chocolate drizzle, melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream together in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring until smooth. Stir in the whiskey, then set aside to cool.
- Prepare the filling: In a medium mixing bowl, whip together cream cheese, Nutella, powdered sugar, heavy cream, Baileys, and vanilla. Whip for 2-3 minutes until fully combined and smooth. Add 16 ounces of the thawed whipped topping 8 ounces at a time. Continue to whip until fluffy and light. Set aside.
- In a 9 x 13 inch dish place one layer of graham crackers (7-1/2 sheets). Spread 1/3 of the filling mixture over the crackers, and sprinkle with 1/3 of the chocolate chips.
- Gently press a layer of Oreos into the filling and top with another 1/3 of the filling. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the chocolate chips and top with another layer of crackers followed by the final 1/3 of the filling.
- Frost with whipped topping, sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips, sprinkles (if using) and drizzle with chocolate. Chill for at least 4-6 hours before cutting into 24 squares.
Source: Adapted from my Speculoos & Pumpkin Spice Oreo Lasagna.
Made something from the blog?
Be sure to share it
on Instagram with the