Dessert lasagna is made with graham crackers, and as such begs to be made into a s’mores version. So I did just that.
Yes another dessert lasagna because I cannot get enough of them! And this is actually my third s’mores version. The first was a single serving, the second was pumpkin, and now back tot he basic with a s’mores party-sized dessert lasagna. It’s just as glorious as every other kind I’ve ever made, the only question that I consider when it comes to these types of desserts is, what flavor to make? With today being National S’mores Day the choice was obvious.
What makes this version a bit more special is the alternating layers of chocolate and marshmallow filling, capped off with a layer of toasted marshmallows. And since there’s really nothing else I should need to say to convince you to make this, I’ll sign off with a quote from a coworker after eating a slice and going back for more -“too delish to quit!”
One year ago: Top 10 Favorite S’mores Recipes
Two years ago: S’mores Lasagna for One
Five years ago: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich with Au Jus
S’MORES DESSERT LASANGA
1 cup heavy cream, divided
1 (3.4 oz.) package chocolate instant pudding
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
1 tsp vanilla extract
16 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (14 oz.) box graham crackers
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup marshmallow bits
8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Prepare the filling: In a medium mixing bowl, whip together 1/2 cup of the heavy cream and instant pudding mix, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the remaining 1/2 cup heavy cream, cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and vanilla. Whip for 2-3 minutes until fully combined and smooth. Place half of the cream cheese mixture into the bowl with the pudding. Add 8 ounces of thawed whipped topping to each bowl. Continue to whip until fluffy and light. Set aside.
- In a 9 x 13 inch dish place one layer of graham crackers (I used 7-1/2 per layer). Spread 1/2 of the chocolate filling mixture over the graham crackers, sprinkle with chocolate chips and marshmallow bits. Gently press the next layer of graham crackers into the filling and repeat with the non-chocolate layer. Repeat layers ending with the final half of the non-chocolate filling.
- Frost with whipped topping, and sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate chips and marshmallow bits.
- Chill for at least 4-6 hours.
- For the chocolate drizzle: Melt the chocolate and heavy cream together in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, top with mini marshmallows and toast using a kitchen torch (or toast under a broiler for 1 minute).
- Drizzle with chocolate topping before cutting into 24 squares.
Source: Adapted from my Pumpkin S’mores Dessert Lasagna.