If sweet and salty is your thing, you’ll love this creamy cheddar dip topped with bacon, Ritz crackers, and Captain Rodney’s Boucan Pepper Glaze!
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
First things first… SNOW IN EAST TN!! We didn’t get as much as some places but it still made me happy. I think that’s the most snow I’ve seen ever fall in TN.
I am trying to curb my enthusiasm however as many people’s Valentine’s Day plans may be disrupted and/or lose power. That’s just not good for anybody. But you know what is? Cheese and bacon.
Even though I am restricted to cooking healthy meals, there are plenty of game nights at which to make appetizers and dessert – hooray! I took the first opportunity to make this dip (albeit I did make a slightly healthier version) using a new found love, Captain Rodney’s Boucan Pepper Glaze. It’s a sweet and spicy sauce that can be used on just about anything such as a glaze on meats and vegetables, straight out of the bottle as a dip, or mixed in to add flavor to a recipe.
Sarah made this dip for our lab Christmas party and I nearly inhaled the entire pan by myself. It’s a cream cheese and cheddar mixture topped with crushed Ritz crackers, bacon, and Captain Rodney’s glaze. What’s not to love about that?
As part of my going away present from her (which was super amazing by the way), she included a bottle of this glorious glaze. Thankfully, the recipe only required 1/2 cup which means I get to try it with all kinds of other things. So many possibilities! But at the same time, it’ll be hard to not just recreate this dip.
Tennessee Sausage Cheese Dip If you need more hot dips for a party, here is another favorite dip that I discovered while living in TN – Tennessee Sausage Cheese Dip!
Post updated 3/29/20, photo above is the original.
One year ago: White Chocolate Cake Batter Hearts
Two years ago: Pasta with Vodka Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used nonfat)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature (I used reduced fat)
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 crushed Ritz cracker, plus more for serving (I used whole wheat)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Captain Rodney's Boucan Pepper Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix Greek yogurt, cream cheese, cheddar and onions until blended. Place in a pie pan and spread evenly. (If preparing ahead, stop here and refrigerate.)
- Top with crushed crackers and bake for 15 minutes. Immediately top with bacon and glaze.
- Serve warm with more Ritz crackers.
Source: Adapted slightly from Captain Rodney’s.
Items you may need (affiliate links):