Taco Tuesday and Pizza Night join forces with this Mexican inspired pizza with taco sauce, chorizo, pepperjack & cheddar cheese, pepper, cilantro, and some avocado.
Pizza may be one of my favorite foods. It is so incredibly versatile and I love coming up with new toppings based on what I have on hand. This latest creation uses some favorite Mexican flavors. A whole wheat thin pizza crust gets topped with taco sauce, pepperjack cheese, cheddar cheese, chorizo, red bell pepper, cilantro, and avocado.
And why yes, that is a Star Trek pizza cutter. No pizza night is complete without it!
P.S. Forgot to update you on the status of my work computer – all my files were lost. Yea let’s just not talk about it and move on shall we? All files are going to be on the drive from now on. Stupid, stupid…
One year ago: Cheesy Vegetable Enchiladas
Four years ago: Blueberry Cookies
1 recipe whole wheat thin crust pizza dough, risen
1 tsp olive oil
1 link chorizo sausage, casing removed
1/3 cup taco sauce
1/2 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
Handful fresh cilantro
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with a pizza stone* on the lowest rack.
- Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once hot add the sausage and crumble with a wooden spoon, cooking until not longer pink. Drain excess grease and remove from heat.
- Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal*. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim.
- Spread taco sauce evenly over dough and top with cheeses, chorizo, and pepper.
- Slide dough onto the stone* and for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with cilantro and avocado before slicing and serving.
*Can also place dough directly on a pizza pan or cookie sheet.
Source: The Spiffy Cookie original
Items you may need (affiliate links):
Made something from the blog?
Be sure to share it
on Instagram with the