Like it or not, candy corn is an iconic Halloween treat. Thankfully everyone can enjoy this cheesecake flavored mousse that just looks like candy corn!
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
We are halfway through #HalloweenTreatsWeek with plenty of goodies left to share! Today’s recipe is simple but still fun and festive. Years ago I fell in love with the ability to create mousse using cream cheese and never looked back, this recipe being no exception. All I did differently was to divide it into 3 colors and topped it off with a cute little candy ghost holding a piece of candy corn. But that piece of candy corn is the only thing that actually tastes like candy corn – I was merely going for the visual representation.
However, speaking of that piece of candy corn on top, I was a little disappointed to notice that candy corn doesn’t follow a gradient of orange to yellow to white, which is how I layered the mousse. Instead in order to be anatomically correct I should have done yellow first, then orange, and then white. Whoops. Granted you may not have ever noticed that if I hadn’t pointed it out. But that’s what I do, point out my mistakes for your judgement.
There are over 20 other bloggers sharing more spookily delicious recipes today which you can find below. If you scroll even further down (after the recipe) you will find the info for the giveaways including the widget to enter!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Pumpkin Patch Graveyard Eclair from Big Bear’s Wife
- Pumpkin Empanadas from Pook’s Pantry
- Malted Milk Ball Spider Cookies from Pastry Chef Online
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Purple Velvet Halloween Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Eyeball Jello Shots from I am a Honey Bee
- Monster Fudge from 4 Sons R Us
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars from A Blender Mom
- Vampire Ice Cream Floats from Daily Dish Recipes
- Graveyard Pie from Eat Move Make
- Easy Skeleton Cake Pops from Pint Sized Baker
- Swiss Meringue Spooky Skull from Kudos Kitchen
- Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse from The Spiffy Cookie
- Melting Witch Candy Popcorn Halloween Party Mix from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Dragon’s Eggs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Graveyard Dip from Mildly Meandering
- Eyeball Cake Balls from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- White Chocolate Ghost Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Blossom Sprinkle Cookies from House of Nash Eats
- Rice Krispie Haunted House from Savory Experiments
- Halloween Snack Mix from Katie’s Cucina
- Monster Rice Krispies from For the Love of Food
Two years ago: Mexican Penne Casserole
Three years ago: No-Bake Peanut Butter Granola Cups
Four years ago: White Bean and Pumpkin Hummus with Spiced Pita Chips
Five years ago: Gluten-Free Apple Butter Swirl Cheesecake Bars
Six years ago: Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls
Seven years ago: Pesto Burgers
CANDY CORN CHEESECAKE MOUSSE
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup Dixie Crystals pure cane sugar
1 tsp Adam’s Extract clear vanilla
4 oz. frozen whipped topping OR 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks
Wilton orange and yellow food coloring gel
4 pieces of Wilton Halloween ghost candy decorations (or candy corn)
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until blended. With a spatula gently fold in the whipped topping until just incorporated. Divide evenly into 3 bowls, leaving one white, and dying they other two orange and yellow.
- Pipe the orange mixture into the bottom of four small cups or bowls. Top with yellow and finish with the white cheesecake mixture. Top with a piece of candy. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Source: Adapted from my Blueberry-Lime Cheesecake Granola Parfaits.
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.