One eyed, one horned, flying purple people eaters. But what do you call someone who eats a flying purple people eater??
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Why hello October! It’s finally acceptable to start talking Halloween and we are not wasting any time as today kicks off the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. As the name implies, this spooky event lasts all week with 30 bloggers including myself sharing spooky Halloween recipes and five fun giveaways. To start I made these purple people eater thumbprint cookies.
Halloween is one of the best holidays to bake for because it lends itself to all kinds of creative treats and fun products with which to bake. Sometimes there are too many options because as you can see I couldn’t decide which I preferred, black candy pearls for the eye or the gummy eyeball, so I used both. On the flip side, I am also a firm non-believer of candy corn but I couldn’t deny it’s applicable role as the horn. I just cannot get over how dang cute they turned out!
Hungry for more? Scroll down for the complete list of recipes shared by all 29 other bloggers today. And then scroll even further down for the complete information on all five giveaways thanks to our sponsors and the widget to throw your name into the drawing!
But if you’re into the purple theme, you can also try my Flying Purple People Eater Cake Balls or Milkshakes!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate from Big Bear’s Wife
- Day of the Dead Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes from Pook’s Pantry
- Devilish Halloween Deviled Eggs from Pastry Chef Online
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from ReciPEAs
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Mrs. Happy Homemaker
- Black Magic Skull Cakes from Sugar Dish Me
- Frankenstein’s Monster Pudding Cups from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Sprinkle Cookie Cake from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Dipped Brownie Pops for Halloween from Southern From Scratch
- Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits from 4 Sons R Us
- “Guts” Cinnamon Rolls from A Blender Mom
- Creepy Eyeball Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mummy Bites from Eat Move Make
- Monkey Brain Bread from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookie Pizza from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Boo Berry Pie from Kudos Kitchen
- Monster Donuts from The Baking Fairy
- Boogeyman Brew from Who Needs A Cape?
- Purple People Eater Thumbprints from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Black and Orange Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Skeleton Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Mash Cake from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Skillet Brownies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Blood-Red Pomegranate Margarita from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Snoballs from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Dunkaroo Dip from Savory Experiments
- Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Eye Scream Sundae from For the Love of Food
Two years ago: Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Four years ago: Homemade Apple Jelly
Five years ago: Graham Cracker Bars
Six years ago: Peanut Butter Biscoff Blondies
PURPLE PEOPLE EATER THUMBPRINTS
Makes approximately 3 dozen
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1-1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp Dixie Crystals pure cane sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk, room temperature
2 Tbsp 2% milk
2 tsp Adam’s Extract clear vanilla
1 tsp Wilton purple food coloring gel
3 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/4 tsp baking powder
2/3 tsp salt
18 chocolate cookie sandwiches, cut into quarters
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature (I used reduced fat)
1/2 tsp Adam’s Extract clear vanilla
2 cups Dixie Crystals confectioners’ sugar
36 pieces of candy corn
36 Sweets & Treats black sugar pearl sprinkles
36 Treat Street USA gummy eyeballs
- In a stand mixer or large bowl with electric hand mixer, mix ingredients in order until fully incorporated (except for the cookie sandwiches). Shape dough into walnut-sized balls (I used my medium cookie scoop). Cover and chill dough in refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. On opposite sides, insert 2 cookie quarters (to look like wings). Bake for 8 minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon, gently push a crevasse into the center of each cookie immediately after removing from oven. (Be careful not to push all the way through the cookie.) Let cool before transferring to wire rack.
- While the cookies cool, make the frosting. In a medium bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract until fluffy. Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar 1 cup at a time until it reaches desired consistency. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pipe frosting into the center of each cookie. Place a candy corn on top (to look like a horn) and a black sugar pearl or gummy eyeball in the center of the frosting. Enjoy immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Source: Adapted slightly from my Lemon Poppy Seed Cheesecake Thumbprints.
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.