Embrace spooky season with this Halloween Puppy Chow made with homemade peanut butter chocolate puppy chow, bugles, white chocolate covered pretzels, M&M’s, Reese’s pieces, candy corn, and candy eyes!
What is in Halloween Puppy Chow?
- Puppy chow (aka muddy buddies)
- White chocolate covered pretzels
- Reese’s pieces
- Candy corn
- Candy eyes
Essentially Halloween puppy chow is just regular puppy chow mixed with bugles, Reese’s pieces, M&M’s, candy corn, white chocolate covered pretzels, and candy eyes. But you are not restricted to those ingredients. I used peanut butter M&M’s and I added even more peanut butter flavor by using peanut butter Chex – all the peanut butter!
But, I think this would also be a great way to use up any chocolate leftover Halloween candy. Or maybe you want to change things up and add your candy to a different flavor of puppy chow. What about s’mores puppy chow or you could even try cake batter puppy chow. The latter may lend itself to the non-chocolate candies lie Skittles.
I sent the majority of the batch with Bob to work, but when I asked how his coworkers enjoyed it he informed me that he did not share any of it. Guess it must be good if he refuses to share a gallon bag-full of Halloween puppy chow!
Welcome to 2023’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event!
If you’re new here, Welcome! If you’re a returning haunt, welcome back!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife . You’ll find that this fun and spooky event is an online, week-long event that is filled with some frightfully fun Halloween treats and recipes from some fantastic Halloween loving bloggers!
For this years 6th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 18 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! You can following the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media to collect all of these frightful recipes to use at your own Halloween parties and events!
Make Sure to check out all of the fun Halloween recipes that we’re sharing this week!
Today’s Halloween Offerings:
One year ago: Bloody Poke Cake
Three years ago: Mummy Baked Brie
Four year ago: Sally’s Sugar Cookies
Six years ago: Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Blondie Bricks
Seven years ago: October 2016 Stitch Fix #18
Eight years ago: Cocoa Candied Bacon
Nine years ago: Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Balsamic Date Sauce
Ten years ago: Apple Cinnamon Pretzels
Twelve years ago: Basil Butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4-1/2 cups crispy rice cereal squares
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups bugles
- 2 cups white chocolate covered pretzels
- 10 oz. bag of Halloween M&Ms
- 10 oz. bag of Reese's Pieces
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1/4 cup candy eyes
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and peanut butter until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add cereal and gently stir until coated.
- Pour powdered sugar into large plastic bag, add chocolate coated cereal and shake until evenly covered in powdered sugar.
- Pour into a large bowl, break up any large pieces that may have stuck together, and toss with remaining ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
Source: Adapted from All Recipes.