This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! Giveaway is sponsored but I did not personally receive any complimentary products. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Puff pastry baked brie is a killer appetizer, so dress it up like a mummy for Halloween and stuff it with your favorite jam!
Would you believe me if I said this was the first time I’ve ever baked a puff pastry wrapped brie?
Cause it is.
I’ve had it countless times and have always been obsessed with it, but for some reason I have failed to ever make it myself. Probably because I knew how dangerous it could be in my house.
And I was right.
One of the few friends that we’ve allowed in our COVID bubble came over for a game night and s’mores so I took the opportunity to make one at last!
But I didn’t make just any old puff pastry wrapped brie, this one is dressed up as a mummy for Halloween! And then the three of us pretty much polished off the entire thing.
What’s not to love about gooey, cheese, buttery flaky crust, and sweet jam oozing out? The whole package made complete with two little dried cranberries eyes.
Want a more savory option? I’ also have a recipe for a mummy spinach artichoke stromboli! Take a look more spooky Halloween recipes from our #HalloweenTreatsWeek Bloggers today (and enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post):
Halloween Cookies & Bars:
- Bat Sugar Cookies from The Flour Handprint
- Voodoo Doll Cookies from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Halloween Confetti Cookies from Fake Ginger
Halloween Cakes & Cupcakes:
- Marshmallow SpiderWeb Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Poke Cake from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Brownie Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes from It’s Shanaka
Halloween Pies & Cheesecakes:
- Mini Candy Corn Cheesecakes from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Halloween Themed Layered Drinks from 4 Sons R Us
Chilled Halloween Treats:
- Easy Chocolate Pudding from Pastry Chef Online
Sweet Halloween Treats:
- Halloween Bark from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Snack Mix from Savory Experiments
- Healthy Halloween Snacks from House of Nash Eats
- Sweet & Savory Halloween Snack Board from An Affair from the Heart
- Spooky Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Poisoned Candy Apples from Fresh Coast Eats
- Donut Hole Mummies from Family Around the Table
- Halloween Caramel Popcorn Munch Recipe from Back To My Southern Roots
- Spiderweb Baked Donuts from Lemon Blossoms
Savory Halloween Recipes:
- Mini Monster Meatball Sliders from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mummy Brie from The Spiffy Cookie
- Halloween Deviled Eggs from I am a Honey Bee
One year ago: Sally’s Sugar Cookies
Three years ago: Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Blondie Bricks
Four years ago: October 2016 Stitch Fix #18
Five years ago: Cocoa Candied Bacon
Six years ago: Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Balsamic Date Sauce
Seven years ago: Apple Cinnamon Pretzels
Nine years ago: Basil Butter
- 1/2 package (1 sheet) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup raspberry or other red jam
- 1 round (8 oz.) Brie cheese
- 1 egg beaten with 1 Tbsp water
- 2 dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat, set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry and roll into a 14-inch square. Cut 2 inches off, making a 12-inch square, then cut off the corners to make a circle (save scraps for later).
- Spread jam into a 4-inch circle in center of pastry. Place Brie on top, fold pastry over cheese, pinching the edges to seal (trim excess dough if needed). Brush with egg wash, place seam-side-down on the prepared baking sheet, and brush the top with more egg wash.
- Cut scraps into strips and wrap around Brie, trimming as necessary. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. For eyes, place two dried cranberries or raisins on top. Serve with fruit or crackers.
Source: Adapted slightly from Taste of Home.
Spooky Season is here and it is time for 2020’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 3rd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media.
Plus, don’t forget that we have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsor and bloggers this year!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Prize #2 from Angie at BigBearsWife
Ninja OP301 Foodi 9-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer and More, with 6.5 Quart Capacity and 45 Recipe Book, and a High Gloss Finish
Prize #3 from Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar
Origami Owl Locket and Halloween Charms
Prize #4 from Kathy at Lemon Blossoms
6 Quart Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Prize #5 from Terri at Our Good Life
Young Living’s Thieves Mints ($50 Value)
Pop a Thieves Mint into your mouth for cinnamint-fresh breath after meals. Made with naturally derived ingredients and free of artificial sweeteners, dyes, and preservatives, Thieves Mints are a choice you can feel good about. Created with Young Living’s Thieves essential oil blend, these mints deliver minty coolness with a hint of warm, sugar-free sweetness. Thieves Mints come in a conveniently sized container that is great to take on the go!!
Prize #6 from Julie at Back To My Southern Roots
1 Copy of – The Peanuts Family Cookbook: Delicious Dishes for Kids to Make with Their Favorite Grown-Ups
Prize #7 from Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS
1 Copy of her new cookbook “Holy Sweet! 60 Indulgent Recipes for Bigger, Better Desserts”
Prize #8 from Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
1 Copy of her cookbook, “Incredible One-Pot Cooking: Easy, Delicious Recipes for Exciting Meals Without the Mess”
Prize #9 from Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog
1 Copy of “Friends: The Official Cookbook”
ONE (1) $75 Amazon gift card
Prize #11 from Shanaka from It’s Shanaka
ONE (1) $25 Amazon gift card
Prize #12 from Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Prize #13 from Amy from House of Nash Eats
ONE (1) $100 Amazon gift card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 5th – October 10th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 14 prizes and therefore we will have a total of 14 winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes. We would also love to give a huge thanks to our Halloween Treats Week bloggers because a lot of them also donated prizes for the giveaways, including: Angie of BigBearsWife , Nicole of Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar, Kathy of Lemon Blossoms, Terri of Our Good Life, Julie of Back To My Southern Roots, Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS, Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog, Michaela of An Affair from the Heart, Jennifer of Take Two Tapas , Michele of West Via Midwest, Shanaka of It’s Shanaka, Ashley of Cheese Curd In Paradise, and Amy from House of Nash Eats!