Wow, it is October people! I have so much left that I need to do before the end of the year when I “officially” graduate that this whole time flying by thing is even less fun. More importantly is nailing down a job so that I don’t go without an income come the end of the year. Oh the joys of no longer being a student – boo real life!
When I was a writing/studying maniac and wasn’t baking as much, Sarah brought these delicious treats into the lab (not the actual lab of course, just our office). I immediately pulled out my camera and took pictures of them while asking for the recipe. I finally acquired said recipe, so today’s recipe was not made by me, but still felt the need to share it with the world. Just as the name indicates, they are graham cracker bars with a sweet cream filling with pecans and coconut. Yea, they’re pretty stinking amazing. They also don’t require turning on the oven which is always a plus.
One year ago: Peanut Butter Biscoff Blondies
GRAHAM CRACKER BARS
Full box of graham crackers (maybe more depending on pan size), divided
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 small can evaporated milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 cup coconut
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp milk
- Lightly grease a large jelly roll pan. Place one layer of graham crackers on bottom of pan, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add butter, sugar, evaporated milk, and egg. Cook, while stirring, until boiling. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup crushed graham crackers, pecans, and coconut. Stir into custard.
- Spread custard mixture evenly over graham crackers. Top with another layer of graham crackers. Press down slightly.
- While the bars cool, prepare the icing. In a large bowl, beat together the melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Spread icing over bars.
- Allow to cool then cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Source: Sarah’s mom
I love anything with graham crackers! And no bake!
Heaven. Bars are my world.
Yum!! I’ve never seen anything like these!
The equivalent of condiment baking!
I am so down with this!
What a great idea! So simple and delicious looking. :)
How did we get to Oct already?
ohhh! shelly from cookies and cups has something similar, but I like the use of evaporated milk in these. she adds rolos to hers! thanks for this easy, no-bake recipe
That filling inside the graham crackers is bonkers!
Delighted to see my recipe here, Erin. I keep up with what you are doing through the blog and also when Sarah reports that you have made something delicious AGAIN. Our friends, the Christiansens, are missionaries in Zimbabwe and these bars are Kathy Christiansen’s absolute favorite treat. She looks forward to having them each time they come to visit us when they are stateside, so when I make them, I feel guilty because Kathy isn’t having some too!
omg these look incredible! even though you haven’t made them yet, I bet you will :P
The filling alone is driving me batty!! These would last one minute in my house!