It isn’t easy being cheesy, unless you are this cheesy corn dip in which case not only is is easy to make, it’s also super tasty.
Originally I had planned on sharing a recipe for vanilla peach jam on Monday before peach season runs out on us, but clearly it’s no longer Monday and this is clearly not a post about jam, let alone peaches.
On Sunday we hosted out “Not Invited” party and as per usual I shared sporadic photos of the food on my Instagram story. And then the requests for the recipe to the corn dip I showcased came pouring in (both from party guests and on Instagram), so I am giving the people what they want!
As for it being Tuesday instead of Monday, well that’s no surprise by now is it?
This dip is as easy as it is delicious.
Funny thing about the ingredients, two friends who particular enjoyed it were trying to figure it out. One thought it had cottage cheese and the other mayonnaise and both respectively disliked those ingredients which meant at least one of them was eating something they normally don’t like. Well, the latter was correct because the base is mostly Greek yogurt but a little bit of mayonnaise.
I actually don’t normally like mayonnaise on it’s own, but give me an aioli, a creamy pasta/potato salad, or a dip like this and we are good to go. But if you’d prefer a non-creamy option, here’s another easy corn dip that’s more salsa-like.
Friday #DairyMonth Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Strawberry Cream Cheese Fruit Dip by Blogghetti
- Tropical Milkshake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cheesy Potato Casserole by Hostess At Heart
- Cheddar Cheese Crisps by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cheesy Chive, Onion and Bacon Rolls Ups by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Fresh Cherry Clafouti by The Freshman Cook
- Fried Cauliflower Feta Balls by Magical Ingredients
- Fried Ice Cream Bars by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Easy Alfredo Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Marinated Boccancini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Smoked Fish Dip by Art of Natural Living
- Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Honey Butter by Jen Around the World
- Three Cheese Garlic Grilled Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegetable and Cheddar Tarts by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 (15 oz.) cans of corn kernels, drained
- 1 (4.5 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cotija cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a large bowl, blend together the yogurt, mayonnaise, salt, and cayenne. Fold in remaining ingredients until evening distributed. Adjust seasoning if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving with tortilla chips.
Source: Adapted from Julie Blanner.