I love seeing what my stylist picks out for me in my bimonthly Stitch Fix boxes, because sometimes I just don’t want to do my own shopping.
Once again my stylist Sydney did a great job looking through my Pinterest board and finding items inspired from those I pinned, or sometimes an exact item I pinned! It always nice to know that someone actually makes use of something you spend time on and update regularly. The only request I had this month was a bright colored kimono and then let her know my birthday was coming up, but my plans are probably going to be casual. Unfortunately the kimono was not in the cards this month but she still put together a great box. This may actually be the first month where 4 of the items I was send could be worn together in one outfit. I don’t really require that as I’m pretty good at mix and matching with pieces I already own, but it was a fun feature.
P.S. All of the jewelry I am wearing is from my other favorite subscription, Rocksbox. If you wanna try it out, you can use my code ERINBFF367 for a free month! I promise it’s addicting.
1. 41Hawthorn Affeldt Embellished Neckline Blouse / XS / $58: I’m starting to notice a trend that every box I receive has a black top in it. Sadly, even though I’m a huge fan of black tops, I’m not quite liking this one although it’s better than the crochet top I got last month (which I gave to someone else). For sleeveless tops I think I need a lower neckline or something with more shape. The embellishment at the neckline is pretty but I’m just not sure how much I’d wear it. However, it did pair well with the pants, shoes, and bomber jacket. Then again I think almost any black top would work in that situation.
2. Just Black Blake Scissor Cut Hem Skinny Jean / 2 / $88: Stitch Fix is slowly convincing me to let them send me pants more often. I used to request anything but pants because I have too many but dang it they have some cute stuff lately and I had actually pinned a similar pair. But when I first saw the words “scissor cut hem” I was apprehensive. I’ve received cut hem jeans in the past and returned them because I didn’t dig it. These pants however were such a fun color and so incredibly comfortable that I’m not sure the hem situation is a big factor anymore. I’m not going to talk about how many pairs of colored denim I already own because that’s for me to worry about. All you need to know is that I did not yet have this color. KEEPER.
3. Apricot Chandlar Bomber Jacket / S / $68: While I have a couple jackets pinned, one being a blueish-gray bomber, I wasn’t too excited about this jacket at first glance, mostly the blush color. With my pasty white skin I feel like it kind of washes me out. I did love it paired with a black top and the light green pants and it felt nice, but I can’t decide if it’s fun or if it’s totally awful haha. What do yo think?
4. MIA Nona Laser-Cut Flats / 7.5 / $49: Once again, Stitch Fix is convincing me to buy things I probably don’t need. I have tons of shoes but I’ve been eyeing these MIA Nona flats since last summer and I had them pinned. Granted I really wanted them in the orange color but I was actually in the market for a new pair of black flats as mine are starting to get a bit worse for the wear. Bob though that these flats were weird but I love them – silly boy. KEEPER.
5. Papermoon Wigan Shoulder Zip Knit Top / XS / $48: Oh look an item I had pinned! As you know I love zipper details so this top was right up my alley ad the fabric was very soft. It did bug me that the zippers didn’t lay flush with my shoulders, giving a bit of a shoulder-pad effect, but I’m hoping it’s just due to being folded up and that it’ll ease up. Fun fact: No the zippers are not functional. Could make for a cool concept for an optional exposed shoulder top though. KEEPER. P.S. I hope you enjoy the cat photo bomb, although he wasn’t much of a bomber as Bob purposely got him in the frame.
What’s the verdict this month? Make sure to tell your stylist if there’s anything you want to see in your next fix!
For more details on Stitch Fix and how it works, check out my post from December 2014 or my past fixes listed below. There is also Stitch Fix for men! I bet there are plenty of men in your life that would rather have his clothing mailed to him than have to go to the store (or even shop online).
- December 2014 Stitch Fix #6
- February 2015 Stitch Fix #7
- April 2015 Stitch Fix #8
- June 2015 Stitch Fix #9
- August 2015 Stitch Fix #10
- September 2015 Stitch Fix #11
- November 2015 Stitch Fix #12
- January 2016 Stitch Fix #13
- April 2016 Stitch Fix #14
- April 2016 Stitch Fix #15
- June 2016 Stitch Fix #16
- August 2016 Stitch Fix #17
- October 2016 Stitch Fix #18
- December 2016 Fix #19
- December 2016 Fix #20
- February 2017 Fix #21
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post! I pay for these clothes on my own. However, this post does provide referral links for new sign ups which gives me a little credit to go towards my next box. Join me in the journey by signing up HERE.
One year ago: Mini Cinnamon Bun Oreo Cheesecakes
Two years ago: Redheads
Three years ago: Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
Six years ago: Funfetti Cheesecake Pudding Dump Cake