Tired of digging around retail stores for clothing? Sign up for your own personal stylist with Stitch Fix and get real style advice and clothes catered to you.
It’s been 2 months since my last Stitch Fix which means a new box has arrived! I signed up for fixes to arrive every other month since it fit better with my needs and budget but you can adjust as you prefer to twice a month, every month or only get them when you request, even if it’s only once a year. Once a fix arrives, you have 3 days to try it all on and if you keep all 5 items you get 25% off! For more details on Stitch Fix and how it works, check out my post from December 2014.
The great thing about this fix is that it arrived just in time before I head off to the west coast. I’m heading to LA for my nephew Griffin’s 1st birthday and then to San Juan off the coast of Seattle with my childhood friends celebrating our collective 30th birthdays. So let’s see what my stylist, Lana, sent me!
Side note: Other than the necklace I received in this fix, the jewelry I am wearing (Loren Hope palmer necklace, House of Harlow 1960 thin arrow bangles, Gorjana azra studs) from Rocksbox which is similar to Stitch Fix but it is strictly for jewelry. Want to try it out? For a free month (no strings attached for real) use code: ERINBFF367.
1. Renee C Gabe Maxi Skirt / S / $48: I liked that she pulled ideas from my Pinterest board and landed on this striped maxi because I have been enjoying the mixture of stripes and floral. This skirt is so soft and fits perfectly. Unfortunately I don’t own any floral tops to go with it except maybe one (shown) but I’d prefer a short sleeve top with it. Even more unfortunate is that I already have a black and white striped maxi skirt! Although I prefer the style of the one I already own, this new one fits better and is more versatile with a higher waist – ugh. This is actually the second time I have received a similar maxi. The question is, will I be able to resist it a second time? I’m leaning towards returning it as I am not in the market for anther maxi skirt, unless it has a slit. MAYBE. Final verdict: Returned.
2. Loveappella Kellyton Mesh Shoulder Top / XS / $48: (shown with the maxi I already owned for reference.) Lana sent this top to create an outfit with the maxi skirt above while in LA. It does look good tucked into the maxi skirt but unfortunately does not work with the striped maxi skirt I already own since it’s not able to be worn high-waisted. That gives a bonus point to the new skirt. But as far as the shirt goes I wasn’t overly excited by it. The mesh top was something different but was a little too long on me and I have other black tops that could fit the bill. RETURN.
3. Renee C Yaina Printed Dress / S / $78: What a bold and fun print! Lana pointed out that I could wear this dress with the blazer that I kept from my last fix and indeed it did look good. Without the blazer however I prefer adding a belt because otherwise it’s a bit like a moo-moo. As a result I am not 100% in love with it and even though $78 isn’t terrible for a dress, especially if I am obsessed with it, I’m leaning more towards returning it. What do you think? MAYBE. Final verdict: Returned, but would have kept if it were cheaper.
4. Market & Spruce Lana Lace Detail V-Neck Blouse / XS / $58: Gotta love tops with detailed backs (of which I neglected to capture a photo – it has black lace on top over the shoulders). Even better is that although it strikes me as dressy, it can be dressed down a bit with skinny jeans and colored flats. I still may need to try it on with a few other outfits though to make sure it’s worth the price. MAYBE. Final verdict: After trying this top on with other outfits I grew to love it more so I kept it!
5. Romolo Dalen Mini Bar Layered Necklace / $34: This necklace was sent to me because it reminded her of a similar necklace I had saved on Pinterest. I don’t own many long drapey necklaces so this was a fun addition. You would think with my Rocksbox subscription I wouldn’t be needing a necklace but this one is reasonably priced, fills a need and it’s pretty! It also looks good with the dress if for some reason I keep it. KEEP.
Other than my inability to focus with the self timer on my camera, what did you think of the pieces I got? Are there ones you think I am crazy for sending back? Or others that I shouldn’t touch with a ten-foot-pole? Let me know before I commit fashion suicide.
Want to see more? Check out my past fixes:
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post! I pay for these clothes on my own. However, this post does provide referral links for new sign ups which gives me a little credit to go towards my next box.
One year ago: Easy Honey Mustard Chicken
Two years ago: Cookie Dough White Chocolate Fondue
Three years ago: Prague