What’s better than a French silk pie? One that’s been s’more-ified! With a s’mores Oreo crust and marshmallow creme topping, this pie will not disappoint.
Holidays are my thing. Ever since I was a child I’ve been known to have parties, or at least hand out festive goodie bags, for every holiday possible. Sure most kids have birthday parties and maybe the occasional Halloween party during the highschool years but I took things to a whole new level. Halloween parties were just the beginning. I branched out to Easter, Valentine’s Day, and Christmas. Always organizing some sort of themed gathering at my parents house or brainstorming the best knick knacks and candy to hand out at school. Heck my dad even dressed up as Santa one year and gave away presents and I had no idea he was doing it until he walked downstairs – best surprise. Can you see where I get it?
Fast forward to the present and it should be no surprise that it has since escalated. My favorite holiday to host is St. Patrick’s Day but I make a point to be involved in any other holidays I can, particularly if they involve food. Heck I even follow a food holiday calendar and rotate what recipes I am going to make and share on my blog based on the ones I find most noteworthy. Today’s food holiday is actually National Cherry Tart Day, but since I wasn’t able to hunt down any tart cherries in time I am going to share a recipe I made for another occasion – Dom’s half birthday.
You see Dom is one of the awesome members of the lab I have been working in since January but sadly she already had one foot out the door the day I arrived. While she was job hunting I was secretly hoping she would stay here forever but alas she got a job in Wisconsin – wait I mean hooray she got a job back home in Wisconsin!! As a result she will not be present for her birthday later this year and I had been waiting to make a French silk pie for her ever since she proclaimed it as her favorite dessert. So I went ahead and celebrated her half birthday last week by making a French silk pie. With a s’mores/s’moreo twist. Because I can. And she said it was the best thing I’ve ever made. BOOM – mission accomplished.
One year ago: Fresh Strawberry Pie
Two years ago: Pork Loin Chops with Avocado-Manga Salsa and Spinach Quinoa
S’MOREO FRENCH SILK PIE
16 s’mores Oreos, plus more for garnish
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
4 oz. dark chocolate, plus more for garnish
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs, room temperature
1 cup marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan and set aside.
- In a food processor, grind 16 Oreos until they are fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until crumbs are moistened. Press evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In small microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate in 15 second intervals until smooth, stirring in between each interval. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer (use the whisk attachment if using a stand mixer) beat butter and sugar until fluffy (about 1 to 2 minutes). Add cooled chocolate and vanilla to the butter/sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- Turn your mixer to a medium speed and over a period of 15-20 minutes add in the four eggs, one at a time, leaving 5 minutes between each egg addition. Once the pie filling is well mixed, pour it into the baked pie shell and smooth out. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least two hours.
- Plop marshmallow creme on top and spread evenly. Garnish with a few halved s’mores Oreos and more melted chocolate before slicing and serving.
Source: Adapted from The Pioneer Woman.
Made something from the blog?
Be sure to share it
on Instagram with the