Having your own personal stylist isn’t just for the rich and famous. Sign up for Stitch Fix and get real style advice for real people.
It’s Stitch Fix time again! I signed up for fixes to arrive every other month and it’s like opening presents for Christmas/Birthdays 6 months a year. Fun part was my birthday is actually right around the corner so I was excited to see what items I may be able to wear to celebrate the big 3-0. For more details on Stitch Fix and how it works, check out my post from December 2014. Otherwise, let’s dig in!
Side note: Other than the spoon necklace, the jewelry I am wearing is from Rocksbox which is a similar service as Stitch Fix but is strictly for jewelry. Want to try it out? For a free month (no string attached for real) use the code ERINBFF367.
1. Pixley Terri Asymmetrical Hem Skirt / S / $$68: While I did pin a bunch of asymmetrical skirts to My Style Pinterest board, I was hoping for a maxi. While I am not opposed to shorter skirts this one did nothing for me. Somehow made my waistline disappear and as a result looked boxy. A cinching belt would have helped but not enough to persuade me into keeping it. RETURN.
2. Mystree Armann Lace Trim Blouse / XS/ $48: This top was suggested to be worn with the skirt but that was just not happening without being tucked in and at that point I could have been wearing any black blouse (maybe the one I kept from fix #7). Untucked was a bit of a frumpy mess on me. While the lace detail at the bottom and the buttons down the back were cute, it just wasn’t working for me. RETURN.
3. Mystree Merna Mixed Material Tank / XS / $48: I enjoyed the mixed material/colorblocking of this top but wish the material had been a bit thicker (pardon my bra lines). It was comfortable however and did look slightly better than the black top when paired with the skirt (but still a no go for that skirt and again I could have been wearing any old gray top). It did look cute as suggested with the blazer. MAYBE. Final decision: RETURN.
4. 41Hawthorne Teegan Draped Blazer / XS / $78: I have been asking for a colorful blazer for a couple months now and was excited at the appearance of one this month! I love the color, material, zipper pockets, and the fact that I can button up the sleeves for a slightly different look. Looked great with the mixed material tank and skinny jeans but also didn’t look too bad when paired with the black lace blouse and coated leggings. Almost made me want to keep the black lace top after trying that outfit. Almost, but not quite. The blazer however? A bit high in price but my favorite piece. KEEP.
5. Romolo Austin Mini Spoon Drops Necklace / $34: This necklace is pictured with many of the outfits. While it was awesome of her to send me this necklace that I had pinned to My Style Pinterest board, I unfortunately am not sure I like it as much after seeing it in person. As a food lover, it’s a fun idea to be wearing a spoon around your neck (and is the reason why I own other food-related jewelry) but for some reason I was not completely convinced, but I may need to think on it some more. What do you think? MAYBE. Final Decision: RETURN.
So what do you think? Do you agree with my decisions?
Tell me what were your favorite pieces!
Want to see more? Check out my past fixes:
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post! I pay for these clothes on my own. However, this post does provide referral links for new sign ups which gives me a little credit to go towards my next box.