Tired of digging around retail stores for clothing? Sign up for your own personal stylist with Stitch Fix and get real style advice and clothes catered to you.
It’s Stitch Fix time! This month I was more excited than usual because the amazingly awesome Hayley (Domestic Rebel) was my stylist! I was so excited to hear that she is one of their stylists now and made sure to request her for my next fix. Easy peasy! For more details on Stitch Fix and how it works, check out my post from December 2014.
Side note: The necklace I am wearing is from my previous fix and the belt is one I already owned. If you are interested in a similar program with strictly accessories, you need to check out Rocksbox. I got a free month and am now hooked. For your own free month (no strings attached for real) use code: ERINBFF367.
1. 41Hawthorn Calicoon Mesh Detail Blouse / XS / $48: First I want to pardon myself for the awkward pose. Bob was behind the camera this time and was making me laugh while at the same time I felt awkward (this is why I normally use the self timer folks). But I digress. I knew I would like the top the very moment I took it out of the box. Mesh is hit or miss with me but this was a definite hit. I award Hayley 1 point. KEEP.
2. BRIXON IVY Cort Crochet Back Blouse / XS / $58: While I obviously LOVED the color of this top (it matches my air after all) and enjoyed the contrasting lace and leather back (strategicly covering the braline too), I wasn’t really feeling it. I think it’s because I’m not normally a huge lace person and I already kept a lace top last month. I’ve met my lace quota for a while. I probably would have kept it if it had a different type of back inset or if it had been more basic. So close Hayley! But this one is going back. RETURN.
3. Le Lis Nassau Lace Detail Cardigan / XS / $48: I am slightly perplexed by this cardigan. I enjoyed the lace inset on the sleeves, which surprised me based on my statement above. At the same time I am not liking the dolman sleeves. I have a couple dolman sleeve tops and the loose armpits don’t both me but here made me feel like the cardigan was falling off my shoulders and I found myself pulling up the sleeves and worry I’d do that all day. I also have a black cardigan already although it is basic. Probably a no.
4. Rune Kiley Ankle Zip Legging / S / $58: While I have on my style profile to not send me pants/leggings because I have plenty already, I did leave wiggle room if they found something special that they think I might like. Hayley acknowledged this when she sent me these leggings but I could tell she was just too excited by them not to send them to me. She even suggested I pair them with the purple top from earlier. While that top wasn’t quite long enough to pair with leggings for my liking, I did enjoy these leggings. The only hesitation I have with these is the price. Again I already have black leggings but these have zippers. Dang my love for cute exposed zippers! MAYBE.
5. Renee C Porsha Swing Dress / S/ $44: First off, the fabric of this dress is soft and thin enough to be a great summer dress but the style could easily transition into fall. That being said, you definitely have to be careful what you wear underneath. It’s so thin that when I first put it on you could totally tell what color underwear I had on – whoops! Nude fabric to the rescue (and probably TMI). Anywho, either Hayley gets me or she’s just smart (or both) because she suggested belting this dress and I agree it looks much better belted than not, at least on me. I just don’t know if I like it enough to keep it and feel like I’ve been accumulating crew-neck dresses lately. Probably a no.
So how do you think Hayley did? Other than the fact that I am crazy picky and have too many clothes already I think she came pretty close! Let me know if you agree or disagree with my assessments as I am sometimes not the best judge.
Want to see more? Check out my past fixes:
- December 2014 Stitch Fix #6
- February 2015 Stitch Fix #7
- April 2015 Stitch Fix #8
- June 2015 Stitch Fix #9
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post! I pay for these clothes on my own. However, this post does provide referral links for new sign ups which gives me a little credit to go towards my next box.
One year ago: Prosciutto, Pear, and Gorgonzola Bagel Bites
Two years ago: Nutella Ice Cream with Granola Topping
Three years ago: Peanut Butter Cup Mousse Parfaits
Four years ago: Homemade Pesto