Show off all that summer fruit in this peach raspberry mascarpone tart, with both pistachio butter raspberry mascarpone filling nestled into a coconut-pistachio crust.
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe was born both out of inspiration and necessity.
A couple weeks ago I had a raspberry pistachio tart from a local bakery and it blew my mind. Which reminded me that I had some leftover pistachio butter in my pantry that I needed to use up, so I put a homemade version on my short list of things to make.
Then I picked up my order from the Peach Truck and despite eating my rationed amount every day I was struggling to keep up. I didn’t want to just peel and freeze them, or turn them into a canned product (because I’m still working through my last peach jam), so I had to come up with something else.
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have also noticed that I am bursting with raspberries from our garden as well. So what about a combo dessert incorporating both fresh peaches and raspberries?
I turned to my handy Flavor Bible and dreamed up this tart recipe.
The crust recipe came from Pieometry, adapted from the coconut pecan crust but instead made it with pistachio. Then the filling I just worked out on my own, adjusting the ingredients and amounts a little at a time until I reached the desired sweetness and consistency.
In the end, it turned out to be a show-stopping delicious tart. It’s like a fancy, thin no-bake cheesecake (if you ignore the crust) topped with tangy sweet fresh fruit.
I considered topping it with fresh whipped cream, but truly didn’t need it. No that I’m going to stop you if you disagree.
Four years ago: Jalapeno Peach Salsa
Six years ago: Tacos al Pastor
Eight years ago: 20 No-Cook Summer Recipes
Nine years ago: Individual Scalloped Potatoes with Bacon & Jalapeno
Ten years ago: Sourdough Starter
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup whole roasted shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz. mascarpone
- 1/4 cup pistachio butter
- 1/4 cup raspberry puree*
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, spread the coconut in an even layer. Toast in the oven for 3 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool then pour into the bowl of a food processor.
- To the food processor, add pistachios, flour, sugar, and salt, and pulse until sandy in texture. Add butter and pulse until it sticks together.
- Dump mixture into a 9-inch tart pan with removeable bottom, spreading evenly, pressing firmly into the pan and up the sides.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before filling.
- While the crust cools, prepare the filling. Divide the mascarpone into two medium bowls. Add the pistachio butter to one, and the raspberry puree to the other. Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar to each. Beat each separately until creamy. Add heavy cream to the pistachio cream if necessary to reach a similar consistency.
- Spoon fillings into the crust, alternating between the two. Swirl together using a butter knife. Top with sliced peaches, raspberries, and chopped pistachios. Chill for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
*Mased fresh raspberries or throw in the blender.
Source: Crust adapted from Pieometry, filling The Spiffy Cookie original.