These deviled egg eyeballs look like they’ve been plucked from a mean green-eyed monster and are ready for your Halloween party.
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
I don’t think there’s ever a wrong time for deviled eggs. With a name like that they especially need to be a thing for Halloween, so they are ready for the costume party dressed up as green monster eyeballs!
Also known as avocado, black olive, and hot sauce.
Sadly it’s been a few years since I attended/hosted a Halloween party (and this year is no exception), but that didn’t stop this household of two from enjoying all these to ourselves.
Take a peek at the other spooky treats for #HalloweenTreatsWeek below and then enter the giveaway from our sponsor Dixie Crystals at the end of this post.
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Haunted Mansion Bloody Wedding Cake from Big Bear’s Wife
- Frankenstein Cupcakes from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Poison Apple Mocktail from Jen Around the World
- Graveyard Dirt Cream Puffs from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookies & Cream Cheesecakes from Fresh April Flours
- Halloween Cupcakes from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Ghost Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Macarons from The Redhead Baker
- Monster Burgers from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Poisoned Apple Hand Pies from Cookaholic Wife
- Halloween Nachos from Eat Move Make
- Homemade Butterbeer from House of Nash Eats
- Mini Halloween Oreo Cheesecakes from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts from The Flour Handprint
- Vampire Cake from Baking Up Memories
- Caramel Apple Sandwich Cookies from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Hocus Pocus Spell Book Cupcakes from It’s Shanaka
- Halloween Cake Pops from Sweet Beginnings
- Deviled Egg Eyeballs from The Spiffy Cookie
- Poisoned Apple Macarons from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pizza Skulls from Lemon Blossoms
- Bloody Dirty Shirley Float from An Affair from the Heart
- Hocus Pocus Billy’s Grave Pudding Cups from I am a Honey Bee
- Reese’s Pieces Cookies from Back To My Southern Roots
- Oogie Boogie Dark Chocolate Brownies from Savory Moments
- Halloween Ghost Kabobs from Our Good Life
Three years ago: Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
Seven years ago: Roasted Sweet Potato Tacos with Black Beans and Kale Ceviche
Eight years ago: 90 Second English Muffin
Nine years ago: Chocolate Peanut Butter 7-Layer Bars
Ten years ago: Halloween Oreo Cupcakes
- 12 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne, plus more for garnish
- Hot sauce
- 24 black olive slices
- Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl. Add avocado and mash/blend with the egg yolks. Mix in lime juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls into the 24 halved eggs. Drizzle a little hot sauce on top for veins and an olive slice for the eye. Sprinkle with a little cayenne if desired and arrange on a platter. Chill until ready to serve.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.