We’ve all had the magical 7-layer bars and are familiar with it’s components, but take a look at this list of 7 layers:
1. Chocolate graham cracker crust
2. Chopped peanuts
3. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
4. Peanut butter chips
5. Chopped Reese’s cups
6. Reese’s pieces
7. Sweetened condensed milk
Oh heck yes, I made a chocolate peanut butter version! Not that it should come as any surprise due to my obsession with all things peanut butter & chocolate, and that it is once again college football Saturday. Gotta get my weekly dose of Buckeye-ness!
This week’s opponent is the Indiana Hoosiers. The Ohio State football team has not lost to Indiana since 1988. But hopefully that is not a jinx after watching last week’s surprising domination over Nebraska, bumping us back up to #8. Unfortunately I will be unable to view this weeks game because it is only aired on the Big Ten Network, and I don’t have cable, let alone the special package that includes that channel. Although I will be out and about tonight for a friend’s birthday and if I’m lucky it will be on at the bar.
One year ago: Halloween Oreo Cupcakes
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER 7-LAYER BARS
Makes 18 bars
8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
9 chocolate graham crackers (5 oz.), crushed
1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup chopped Reese’s cups
1/2 cup Reese’s pieces
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and preheat to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Line the pan with two overlapping pieces of foil or parchment paper, leaving overhang to act as handles for lifting the bars out of the pan. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Melt the butter and combine with graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl. Toss with your fingers until the butter is evenly distributed. Press the crumbs evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In order, sprinkle the peanuts, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, chopped Reese’s cups, and Reese’s pieces over the graham crumbs. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the entire dish.
- Bake until the top is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Remove the bars from the pan using the foil or parchment handles and transfer to a cutting board. Using a sharp knife or bench cutter, cut into 2 by 3-inch bars.
Suurce: Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker and The Domestic Rebel.
[…] Six years ago: Chocolate Peanut Butter 7-Layer Bars […]
brilliant!! i agree with tracey–way better than the original!
These are Charlie’s faaaavorite treats…he always demands magic cookie bars. I think he might literally die if I showed up with these. Baha!
These look like 7 layers of pure heaven!
Ok, I’ll say it – these are WAY better than the original!! These wouldn’t stand a chance of lasting more than a day or two at my house!
HEAVEN IN BAR FORM. OMG. (!!!!!!!!!!) That is all.
I’m trying to think of a comment to say, but I’m kinda speechless. I. Want. These. Now.
Love the creativity!!!
7 layer bars are the best and I never thought to get creative with them!
I LOVE IT!! These look so delicious, Erin! I’m glad the PB chocolate queen approves :)
I love a good layer bar. Especially with peanut butter!
This. is. SO. much. better than the original!!! PEANUT BUTTTEERRRRRR!