This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EggoStarWarsPancakes #CollectiveBias
Wake up and keep dreaming of the stars with these ham, egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches made with Kellogg’s® Eggo® Star Wars Galaxy Adventure™ Buttermilk Pancakes!
Being born on Star Wars day (may the fourth be with you), it was my destiny to be a Star Wars fan. Thankfully my family also loves Star Wars and we always see the new movie together, this year being no exception. In fact we will all be in Florida together also celebrating my grandmother’s 100th birthday!
Being with family for the holidays means there will be scads of delicious food around, including breakfast. My dad is the pancake king but I had to take over this one time because I found Kellogg’s® Eggo® Star Wars Galaxy Adventure™ Buttermilk Pancakes, 20 ct at Walmart and saved with the Ibotta offer! My brain immediately went to breakfast sandwiches filled with fried ham, Swiss cheese, and a fried egg.
While preparing to cook these for breakfast, I asked my dad what we should have on the side. Growing up with fruit on the table 24/7 I figured that was going to be the answer and I would’ve been quite pleased with life. But then he threw hash browns into the ring and I soon forgot about that thing called fruit. This is how you start the day!
Kellogg’s® Eggo® Star Wars Galaxy Adventure™ Buttermilk Pancakes: A galaxy far, far away is now at your breakfast table with Kellogg’s® Eggo® Star Wars Galaxy Adventure™ Buttermilk Pancakes, featuring six different Star Wars designs! And I have Delicious News! Eggo waffles and pancakes now have no artificial flavors and colors from natural sources. This means their entire line of products has a list of clean ingredients that you can pronounce.
Two years ago: Holiday Gift Ideas for Cooks & Foodies
Three years ago: Peanut Butter & Chocolate Saturday Roundup 2014
Five years ago: Gingerbread Dip
Six years ago: Apple Butter Chewy Cinnamon M&M Cookies
Seven years ago: Gnocchi with Goat Cheese and Spinach
HAM, EGG & CHEESE PANCAKE SANDWICHES
8 Kellogg’s® Eggo® Star Wars Galaxy Adventure™ Buttermilk Pancakes
2 Tbsp butter, divided
4 thick slices of ham
4 slices of Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove Kellogg’s® Eggo® Star Wars Galaxy Adventure™ Buttermilk Pancakes from plastic wrap, place on a baking sheet, and cover loosely with foil.
- Heat in the oven for about 12 minutes or until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-hight heat. Add ham and cook until golden on both sides. Remove ham to a plate.
- Return pan to heat and add remaining tablespoon of butter. Break eggs 1 at a time into the skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes or until eggs are set on bottom. Carefully turn eggs over and cook other side until center is firm (or to desired doneness).
- Assemble the sandwiches by placing a Kellogg’s® Eggo® Star Wars Galaxy Adventure™ Buttermilk Pancake on each plate, topped with ham, cheese, egg, and remaining Kellogg’s® Eggo® Star Wars Galaxy Adventure™ Buttermilk Pancakes. Serve immediately.
Source: The Spiffy Cookie original
This is an intriguing idea for a hearty breakfast. But no matter how hard I try, I don’t think I’ll ever be a Star Wars fan (the fourth notwithstanding). For years I’ve been getting birthday greetings from a friend wishing that “the fourth be with you”, but it hasn’t helped. I guess it’s an age thing?
I don’t know about age, my dad is 73 and he loves Star Wars. I’ve found that Star Wars isn’t for everyone, regardless of what age they are.