These chocolate frogs may not be bewitched to jump around, but they are crispy and delicious! The perfect treat for any Harry Potter fan or for Halloween.
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
No #HalloweenTreatsWeek is complete without some Harry Potter inspired treats! Especially because on Sundays (since early on in the pandemic) I read Harry Potter to my nephews in California.
I cannot recall for certain because they boys started reading them on their own, but I think we started on Book 2 Chamber of Secrets and now we are on Book 6 The Half Blood Prince. Only one left after this and I am not sure what we will do once it’s over. Maybe we can get them into Lord of the Rings next ;-).
I have lost count of how many time I have read these books (I wasn’t part of a winning HP trivia team for nothing). And this time around is bit weird because I am only reading half of it, as my dad and step mom read to them on Tuesdays.
If you’ve ever read these books, you know how many treats are sprinkled throughout the series. I actually virtually hosted a Harry Potter cookbook club years ago and recently shared a roundup of recipes perfect for Harry Potter’s birthday. But somehow I’ve yet to share one of the easier recipes, chocolate frogs!
Literally just temper dark chocolate, stir in puffed rice cereal, and pour into a frog mold. If you really want to go the extra mile, your can print out and fold Chocolate Frog Boxes and even Chocolate Frog Cards! When a coworker and I made these for a fundraiser/competition at work, we used the customizable templates and put other members of the department on them. Needless to say we won the competition!
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Jack-O-Lantern Apple Slice Pops from Big Bear’s Wife
- Monster Eyeball Cupcakes from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Ghost Meringue Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Apple Cider Donut Whoopie Pies from Pint Sized Baker
- Graveyard Pudding Cups from Fresh April Flours
- Churro Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Monster Donuts from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Witches’ Brew Whiskey Sour from The Redhead Baker
- Witches Hat Cheese Ball from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies from Eat Move Make
- Layered Halloween Jello from from House of Nash Eats
- Mummy Wrapped Brie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cupcakes from The Flour Handprint
- Halloween Candy Cracker Toffee from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Old Fashioned Apple Fritters from It’s Shanaka
- Pumpkin Mint Patties from Sweet Beginnings
- Butterfinger Ice Cream (No-Churn) from Pastry Chef Online
- Chocolate Frogs from The Spiffy Cookie
- Halloween Cupcake Treat Board from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Skull Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Brownie Pizza from Back To My Southern Roots
- Halloween Mini Bat Taco Cheeseballs from Savory Moments
- Ghostly Poptarts from An Affair from the Heart
- Deadly Dark Chocolate Layer Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Three years ago: Gluten-Free Chocolate Caramel Cake
Five years ago: Gluten-Free Peanut Butter & Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake
Seven years ago: Pesto Chicken Pizza with Mascarpone, Spinach, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Nine years ago: Apple-Cranberry Oatmeal
- 6 oz. chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup puffed rice cereal
- Frog candy mold
- Place chocolate in a double boiler set over lightly simmering water. Stir frequently until melted. Alternatively, place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second internals, stirring in between, until just melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in puffed rice cereal until evenly distributed.
- Fill each frog cavity with the chocolate mixture, lightly tapping the tray to expel any air bubbles.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until hardened. Pop out and enjoy!
Source: The Spiffy Cookie original
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.