Chocolate chip cookie, Oreo, and cheesecake all in one bite. This little treat will please the masses.
I don’t know what it is about the special edition flavors of Oreo, but I have a habit of turning them into mini cheesecakes. I feel like it’s the best way to let their flavors shine besides eating them straight up – which is not a bad idea either. As another defense of my Oreo-cheesecake mania, as an added bonus they are super convenient for the crust of the cheesecake.
I did almost bake these chocolate chip Oreos (not to be confused with the chocolate chip cookie dough Oreos) into my favorite chocolate chip cookies but again, decided that you’d hardly notice the chocolate chip flavored Oreos when it’s already surrounded by a chocolate chip cookie. Besides, I feel like the Oreo stuffed into a cookie thing, while delicious, is a bit overplayed. Sure you could stuff any Oreo into a cookie and it’ll be great, but what else can you do?
So yes I made another mini cheesecake I used the Oreos as the crust, chopped up some and added it to the filling along with mini chocolate chips, and then topped it off with ganache and more chocolate chips. I thought about adding a halved Oreo on top instead of the chocolate chips, but that also tends to be my go-to decor when using Oreos so I tried to change things up a bit. Pretty sure most people arn’t going to be upset about more chocolate.
As for the tastiness, yet again I cannot vouch for them personally but dang did they smell good while they were baking! And I think all the proof you need is the magical disappearing act they performed when set in front of others. However, I did reserve one. Since I have 9 days left of Whole30, I’m actually attempting to save one in hopes that it will still be good in 9 days. I’m probably going to regret it, introducing such concentrated sugar and dairy into my system after 30 days. Worth it.
Two years ago: Easy Mini Cheese Balls
Three years ago: Mexican Stuffed Shells
Four years ago: Brussels Sprouts with Honey Vinaigrette
Six years ago: Almond Crusted Chicken with Scallion Beurre Blanc
MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP OREO CHEESECAKES
Makes 12 mini cheesecakes
12 whole chocolate chip creme Oreos
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
1/2 cup light brown sugar (or 1/4 granulated + 1/4 dark brown)
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 chocolate chip creme Oreos, chopped
1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (plus more for garnish)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place one Oreo into 12 mini cheesecake cups* that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a stand or electric mixer beat the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Fold in the chopped Oreos and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture evenly into the 12 cups, filling about 3/4 way full (may have extra filling). Bake for 25-28 minutes or until cheesecake is cooked through. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add the chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds until melted.
- Once cooled, remove cheesecakes from pan and top each with a spoonful of chocolate ganache and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Can also use regular muffin pan with cupcake liners. Yield and cook time may differ.
Source: Adapted from my Mini Reese’s-Oreo Cheesecakes.