What’s not to love about these Peanut Butter Oreo Rice Crispy Treats? As the name implies, the traditional recipe has peanut butter and chocolate sandwich cookies added to make them even more irresistible.
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I don’t know what it is, but rice crispy treats never fail. No matter how many other delicious desserts I make, rice crispy treats disappear the fastest. Is it nostalgia? Even when I change up the flavor profile they still vanish. Not that I am complaining – Making food for people is my love language.
A few weeks ago at a local bake sale, I had four different options: therapy brownies, sprinkle chocolate chip cookies, mojito sugar cookies, and snickerdoodle rice crispy treats. I will give you one guess as to which sold out first.
Last night I brought this peanut butter Oreo version to our neighborhood Friday HH, and sure enough out of 24 bars only 2 came home – mostly because I wanted to make sure my husband got to try them since he was unable to attend.
True, this is not the first time I’ve made a peanut butter rice crispy treat, far from it. I’ve made chocolate peanut butter, Elvis fluffernutter, white chocolate peanut butter cup, and even a version that looks like a buckeye. But I’ve never made one with Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies mixed in!
Literally all you have to do is add 1/2 cup peanut butter and somewhere around 16 chopped Oreos into the traditional recipe and viola, this hard-to-resist treat has been born. But maybe make a double batch if you want any for yourself – ha!
Even though my husband devoured the last two the moment I returned home with them last night, I could easily make another batch today, since it is #PBchocSat and you know I have to have a new treat for every Buckeye Football game!
Four years ago: Ground Cherry Preserves
Six years ago: Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
Seven years ago: Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed French Toast Waffles
Eight years ago: Open-Faced Ricotta, Arugula, and Egg Sandwiches
Ten years ago: Rosemary Brie Chicken Burgers
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 bag (10.5-oz) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- 16 Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies, roughly chopped
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch pan; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add marshmallows, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter. Fold in the cereal and chopped Oreos until well combined and coated.
- Transfer sticky cereal mixture to the prepared pan, pressing down until the top is level. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Source: Adapted from my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Rice Crispy Treats.