Loved rice krispies treats? Just wait until you try these chocolate peanut butter cup rice krispies. Made with chocolate crispy rice cereal, marshmallows, peanut butter, and peanut butter cups.
These may be the best rice krispies treats ever created. How’s that for modesty? Originally I was going to mix cocoa powder into regular rice puff cereal, until I remembered that it’s already done for me in the form of chocolate Rice Krispies cereal.
Add a little peanut butter to the marshmallows, some chopped up peanut butter cups, and a drizzle of chocolate and you have a peanut butter and chocolate explosion. I hope I’m not overly saturating you with chocolate and peanut butter this week.
In other news, I forgot to tell you all that Brent is back! He returned Tuesday night after being away for 4 weeks, and he immediately requested that we go to our favorite wing place right outside of the entrance to our apartment complex.
Since then I have yet to cook anything for him because he left yesterday morning for Cape Girardeau, MO to do some things for his new job and to look around more for places to live. He then stayed in Jackson, TN last night in order to take care of some National Guard stuff out there today. This boy never sits still.
Another note, I’m starting to dislike photographing most things on my white plates. Project find fun plates/bowls is about to begin… once I am done playing with yeast in lab all day.
Love peanut butter cup rice krispies? Here are some others you will also enjoy:
Post updated on 10/28/2022, photo above is the original.
- 1 bag (10.5-oz) miniature marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Chocolate crisped rice cereal
- 8 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch pan; set aside.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl melt the marshmallows and butter, approximately 3 minutes. Stir in the peanut butter until blended.
- Add cereal and peanut butter cups and mix until fully coated. Spread in the prepared pan and press down with a piece of wax paper.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Source: The Spiffy Cookie original