Love Trader Joe’s maple walnut blondies? Now you can make them at home! Chewy blondies packed with walnuts and maple flavor.
On my most recent trip to Trader Joe’s I snagged a bag of their Maple Walnut Blondies. They’re freaking fantastic by the way and I highly recommend picking some up if you are able. If not then you’re in luck because I did my best to recreate them!
On an unrelated note, since getting my first smart phone in December I have slowly accumulated favorite apps. The obvious ones being Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (yes I finally have instagram – follow me). But the app I abuse most is Target’s Cartwheel app. You can either browse offers to add to your barcode which is scanned at checkout or you can scan products while shopping to check if there are any offers. When there are not any for that particular item, if there are other offers for similar items it will tell you. I’ve already saved over $30 using it and in the process got the deal of the year – combat boots for $6.75!
What are your favorite smart phone apps?
Two years ago: Bacon-Cheddar Cauliflower Chowder
MAPLE WALNUT BLONDIES
Makes 16 blondies
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
1-1/2 cups light brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 Tbsp maple (or vanilla extract if you don’t have maple)
1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place foil in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan and up the sides leaving overhang. Lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat melted butter and sugar together until creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Mix in eggs, syrup, and extract. Add flour mixture until combined. Fold in walnuts. Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Spread dough evening in the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Source: Heavily adapted from my Funfetti Stuffed Chocolate M&M Cookie Cake.
Made something from the blog?
Be sure to share it
on Instagram with the