Crispy, Southwestern seasoned, oven-fried chicken salad topped with avocado dressing is a salad you’ll actually look forward to eating.
If I could eat avocados in every meal of the day, I’d be one happy camper. Which means I was super excited to have a double dose in just one meal with this Southwestern oven-fried chicken salad – fresh sliced avocado in a salad topped with avocado dressing.
The dressing is definitely the star of this dish, but along for the ride is some oven-fried chicken which has taco seasoning mixed into the breadcrumb coating. Crunchy, creamy, fresh and zesty. What more could you want?
The base of the salad can be flexible to your preferences- black beans or corn would also be nice additions. Kick up the heat a little more in the seasoning or dressing if you prefer as well.
- Chicken Caesar Salad from That Recipe
- Creamy Bacon Tomato Pasta Salad from Blogghetti
- Greek Panzanella from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Greek Salad with Grape Tomatoes and Feta from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Italian Sub Salad from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad from Art of Natural Living
- Skillet Radish Bacon Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Spinach Salad from Magical Ingredients
- The Best Potato Salad from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Post updated 7/30/22, photo above is the original.
One year ago: Bacon-Cheddar Cauliflower Chowder
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp ranch seasoning powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 hearts romaine, chopped
- 2 cups lightly packed spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange a wire rack on a large baking sheet; coat rack with cooking spray. Set aside.
- While the oven preheats, prepare the dressing. Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate for one hour.
- For the chicken, put the egg white in a shallow bowl and beat until well blended. Combine bread crumbs and taco seasoning in a second shallow bowl. Dip the chicken into the egg then coat with the bread crumbs. Arrange on prepared rack and coat with cooking spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- In a large bowl, toss together the salad ingredients. Divide into four bowls, top with sliced chicken and dressing. Serve immediately with avocado slices and shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.