These oven-fried avocado tacos with cilantro-lime creme are my take on Mas Tacos Por Favor in Nashville, TN. Serve with a side of elote!
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
During one of my most recent visits to Nashville, I went to a taco stand called Mas Tacos Por Favor and had the best fried avocado tacos. I enjoyed them so much that I had to figure out how to make them at home, or else I would have driven 3 hours from Memphis just to get some more (5.5 hours now that I live in Columbus, OH).
Oven-frying is my favorite way to cook chicken, so I decided to incorporate this method for the avocado and it worked beautifully. I couldn’t remember exactly what else was on the taco, but I improvised based on what I could remember or see in the picture I took with my phone and it came out pretty darn close. You can tinker with the amount of lime or sriracha in the creme to your preferred taste and heat level.
These tacos are also great served with a healthier version of elote (Mexican corn)!
Air Fryer/Oven Fried Recipes
- Air Fried Teriyaki Chicken Wings from That Recipe
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower from Jen Around the World
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Air Fryer Corn on The Cob from Palatable Pastime
- Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Air Fryer Salmon Cakes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Air Fryer Tortilla Pizzas from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
One year ago: Farfalle with Zucchini and Ricotta
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 large, firm but ripe avocado (pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in wedges)
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp finely minced cilantro
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp sriracha, or to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch salt
- Six 6-inch white corn tortillas
- 1 small radicchio, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- Cilantro, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange a wire rack on a large baking sheet; coat rack with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pour the cornstarch and Panko bread crumbs on two separate shallow plates. Put the egg in a shallow bowl and beat until well blended.
- Squeeze the lime wedge over the slices of avocado. Lightly coat each avocado slice with the cornstarch. Knock off any excess. Dip the coated avocado into the eggs then coat with the Panko bread crumbs.
- Arrange avocado on rack; coat with cooking spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cilantro-lime crème by mixing together all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Wrap the corn tortillas in a damp paper towel and heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Evenly divide the radicchio and red onion among the tortillas, followed by the avocado. Top with lime creme and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
Items you may need (affiliate links):
Post updated 6/19/22, photo above is the original.