Everyone loves cheese balls so make sure you have this blue cheese ball at your next party. But instead of a round ball make it snowman shaped!
Party time means dip time. And no party is complete without a big ol’ ball o’ cheese.
This recipe was originally adapted from recipe I received from one of my parent’s friends. Turns out it is very similar to the blue cheese ball I already shared which was such a hit you would have though I was a magician doing a disappearing act.
In addition to blue cheese and green onions, this version has black olives, walnuts, and optional banana peppers mixed in. And in case those differences weren’t enough, instead of making a regular cheese ball I went the festive route and made it snowman shaped!
Apparently I like eating things with cute faces because this is the second adorable recipe I have made this month that has a face (first was the cone head cupcakes). This phenomenon does not follow for meat however, at least not in it’s natural state. But add a cartoonish face and we’re okay (just take these octoweenies for example).
One year ago: Orange Cut-Out Cookies with Orange Cardamom Icing
Two years ago: Homemade Maple Breakfast Sausage
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese, room temperature
- 1 small can (2.25 oz.) sliced black olives, drained, 5 reserved and the rest chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 banana pepper or pepperoncini, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
DECORATION & SERVING
- 5 reserved olive slices
- 2 pretzel sticks
- 1 baby carrot
- 1 slice red bell pepper
- Assorted crackers or crostini
- In a large bowl, blend together butter, cream cheeses, blue cheese, olives, onion, walnuts, pepper (if using), and salt until well blended. Shape into two balls, one larger than the other, using bowls lined with plastic wrap. Chill at least 8 hours or overnight (necessary for flavor to distribute).
- Before serving, roll in Parmesan cheese, leaving bare spots where the balls will stack on top of one another. Place the larger ball on a serving platter and top with the smaller. Decorate with olives for the eyes and buttons, carrot for the nose, pepper for the mouth, and pretzels for the arms.
- Serve with crackers or crostini.
Source: Cheese Ball adapted slightly from Marthanne and my Blue Cheese Ball. Shape inspired by Mr. & Mrs. P.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see!
Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
[…] Snowman Blue Cheese Ball – The Spiffy Cookie […]
This is a great idea, a snowman Blue Cheese is a beautiful appetizer for Christmas.
This snowman cheese all is super adorbs!! I love his little olive eyes and buttons! ;)
This is ridiculously adorable!