No one can resist a good snack board, and this fall charcuterie board is no exception. Filled with fall favorites such as apples, pears, caramel, and pecans.
This content was created using complimentary products from Melissa’s Produce, Narin’s, and Millican Pecan. I was not otherwise compensated and all thoughts/opinions are my own.
Yesterday I gave you the recipe for an apple cider spiced caramel apple dip, and today is the whole fall themed charcuterie to pair with it! The best thing about charcuterie is that you can really make it your own, incorporating your favorite pairs. But first let’s talk tools for assembly.
Charcuterie Board Tools
You don’t need fancy equipment to make a gorgeous spread. You can even serve them directly off a clean kitchen counter. Here are some tools that make displaying and serving easier.
- Serving board – a board with a rim will help contain everything but a cutting board, rimmed baking sheet, or serving platter will work. Or get creative and use a bunch of smaller plates or a clean countertop (I used a marble pastry board).
- Serving utensils – you can use bust out the cheese serving knives and forks or use everyday silverware to serve.
- Small bowls – Ramekins or any small dishes work well for liquid/wet components such as jam, honey, pickled items, etc.
As for the components, you can use the usual suspects but maybe try picking items with nutty, herbal, or spiced flavors and include seasonal fruits.
What’s on a Fall Charcuterie Board?
- Cheese – Spreadable cheese such as goat cheese, flavored cream cheese, or a cheese ball (I used a cranberry-cinnamon goat cheese), a soft cheese like brie or mozzarella (I used blue cheese to pair with pears), and a hard cheese like sharp white cheddar (I used Manchego cause of its’s nutty flavor and pairs well with fruit and a sharp cheddar).
- Fruit – Seasonal favorites such as apples, pears, and grapes.
- Meat – Hard and soft cured meats such as salami and prosciutto.
- Pickled items – Olives are a popular choice but any pickled items could work.
- Dips or jams – Add dips, sauces, or jams that compliment your other components (I went with caramel dip and pecan butter).
- Crackers – Any type of cracker or toasted bread. Don’t have room? Serve them on the side.
- Nuts – Whether they are roasted, raw, or spiced, nuts are a great way to add texture to your pairings and also fill up small spaces.
For my fall charcuterie board, I used fuji apples, bartlett pears, red grapes and fresh rosemary from Melissa’s Produce, Millican pecans and pecan butter, Nairn’s oat crackers, and of course the apple cider caramel dip (made with Dixie Crystals, Republic of Tea, Taylor & Colledge). Paired with those items I added blue cheese, cranberry-cinnamon goat cheese, Manchego, sharp cheddar, fennel salami, prosciutto, and Kalamata olives.
After your eyes are done feasting on this board, remember there is plenty more where that came from. Scroll down to see the other recipes shared today for #FallFlavors week and be sure to enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post.
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers, Cocktails, and Snacks
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Pecan Granola from Family Around The Table
- Apple Cinnamon Bread from Life Love and Good Food
- Apple Pecan Scones from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten-Free Apple Cider Doughnuts from Frugal & Fit
- Pecan Cinnamon Sugar Baked Apple Donuts from Jen Around the World
Soups and Salads
- Balsamic Glazed Cipollini Onions from West Via Midwest
- Roasted Cipollini Onions With Sherry Vinegar And Thyme from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Butternut Squash And Chestnut Kebabs from Magical Ingredients
- Cider Brined Baked Chicken from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters from Devour Dinner
- Apple Cider Tea Madeleines from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Crumb Bars from SueBee Homemaker
- Apple Nachos from Take Two Tapas
- Butterscotch Blondies from That Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Fresh April Flours
- Fall Fruit Galette from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Giant Butterscotch Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Gluten-Free Apple Pie from The Fresh Cooky
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake from Art of Natural Living
- Pear & Butternut Squash Crisp from Savory Moments
- Pecan Pound Cake from Soulfully Made
- Sour Cream Apple Pie from House of Nash Eats
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe from Lemon Blossoms
Three years ago: Buckeye Kolache
Six years ago: Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Jalapeno Aioli
Seven years ago: BBQ Chicken Pizza with Cornmeal Crust
Nine years ago: Buckeye Cheesecake
Ten years ago: Rustic Sourdough Bread
- Pecan butter
- Caramel dip
- Sharp cheddar
- Cranberry cinnamon coated goat cheese
- Sliced apples
- Sliced pears
- Red grapes
- Kalamata olives
- Blue cheese
- Cured salami
- Fresh rosemary, for garnish
- Place condiments, either in original containers or in a ramekin, spaced out on the boars.
- Pre-slice hard cheeses and cut a few wedges into the soft ones. Arrange cheeses around the condiments that pairs well (e.g. apples with caramel dip).
- Arrange fruit with condiments/cheeses they pair well with.
- Nestle olives in a dish.
- Fold meat in a variety of patterns onto the board.
- Arrange crackers in remaining spaces.
- Cover any holes with pecans and rosemary springs.
Source: The Spiffy Cookie original (but obviously inspired by everywhere)
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 valuea Rafflecopter giveaway
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.