Who needs mini bundt cake when you could have buckeye bundt cookies? Stuffed with chocolate and peanut butter chips and topped with creamy peanut butter and chocolate ganache.
Today is the Buckeyes third to last home game even though they have 5 more games after today – this is what happens when you have 5 home games in a row to start the season.
On the plus side, we had great weather earlier in the season to watch said games in person. Even today the weather is cooperating with highs reaching the mid-70s despite half the trees being naked already.
Today we play the Iowa Hawkeyes. It shouldn’t be a tough game, but they have been a surprise for us in the past so it’s not impossible to think it could happen again. Hopefully not since like I said it’s a home game this time.
If you’re wondering who the final home game are, it’s Indiana and then TTUN who shall not be named. But first we have to get through Penn State away next week. But let’s try to focus on today haha.
Today for #PBchocSat I made these mini buckeye bundt cookies. The mini part attributed to the bundt cakes, not the cookies. The cookies themselves are decent sized but they are baked inside of a mini bundt cake pan.
After they are done baking, the indent gets a dollop of pure creamy peanut butter and then topped with ganache. I thought about leaving the peanut butter exposed because it looks like a buckeye that way, but who can say no to ganache on top?
Three years ago: Pecan Praline Crunch Snack Mix
Four years ago: DIY Wedding Gifts & Decor
Six years ago: Double Chocolate Chip Bagels with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese
Seven year ago: Pumpkin S’mores Dessert Lasagna
Eight years ago: S’mores Pumpkin Pie
Nine years ago: Cheddar-BBQ Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat melted butter and sugar together until creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Mix in peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Divide evenly amongst prepared mini bundt cake pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until no longer shiny on top.
- For the ganache: Place the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a metal bowl. Microwave heavy cream for 1 minute or until it starts to boil and pour over chocolate chips. Cover bowl with saran wrap for 5-7 minutes. Whisk until smooth, allow to sit for a few minutes until it starts to thicken, then pour over the top of the cake. Decorate with buckeyes candies.
Source: Adapted from my Buckeye Stuffed Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cake and Buckeye Cheesecake Cake.