Three cookies in one? These cookie monster cookies have Oreos and chocolate chip cookies baked inside a semisweet and white chocolate chip cookie. Cookie monster approved.
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s better than a cookie? Three cookies in one.
I think the cookie monster would approve of these loaded chocolate chip cookies, with chopped Oreos and chocolate chip cookies mixed into a semisweet and white chocolate chip cookie dough – dyed blue to seal the deal.
If I haven’t lost count, this marks the 48th chocolate chip cookie variety that I have shared. What can I say, when you find a good base recipe you roll with it. It also helps that cookies are not only one of my favorite things to bake but also to eat.
For real, I would pick a good cookie over most desserts.
Three years ago: Smoked Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese
Four years ago: Honeymoon in New Orleans
Five years ago: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Buckeyes
Seven years ago: Harvest Cobb Salad
Eight years ago: Pumpkin Spice Greek Yogurt Mousse
Nine years ago: Chocolate Pumpkin Pancakes
Ten years ago: Halloween Brownie Roll Out Cookie Sandwiches
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp blue gel food coloring
- 1 egg + 1 yolk, room temperature
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Oreos (about 8)
- 1 cup chopped store-bought chocolate chip cookies (about 8)
- Sift together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended (1-2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla, food coloring, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients in three batches until just blended. Fold in the chopped cookies and chocolate chips by hand.
- Roll 1/4 cup of dough into a ball and place on a plate or tray. Cover tightly and chill for at least 2 hours*, but overnight for best results (I’ve refrigerated for up to a week).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats (or parchment paper); set aside.
- Place cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are barely golden (will look underbaked). Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
* Don't want to wait to chill? They will still bake just fine but the flavor/texture improves when chilled.
Source: Adapted from My Favorite Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.