My favorite chewy double chocolate chip cookies get in the Halloween spirit when made with Hershey’s cookies and candy corn creme chocolate bars.
I’m having a difficult time believing that tomorrow is Halloween. It doesn’t help that I am currently in LA where fall weather doesn’t exist, but I am joining my nephew Luke for his first trick-or-treat outing tomorrow.
To help me get into the Halloween spirit I chopped up Hershey’s candy corn creme candy bars and added them to my favorite chewy chocolate chip cookies. I am not normally a fan of candy corn but I am fond of Hershey’s cookie and creme candy bars and the little specks of color were cute additions in these festive cookies. The sprinkles helped too.
Are you dressing up for Halloween?
One year ago: Halloween 7-Layer Bars
Two years ago: Pumpkin Oreo Truffles
CHOCOLATE CANDY CORN & CREME COOKIES
Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg + 1 yolk, room temperature
2 bags (approximately 20 oz.) Hershey’s candy corn bars*, chopped
Halloween sprinkles, optional
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients in three batches until just blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Rolls 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball that is slightly taller than wide and place on a plate or tray. Top with sprinkles if using. Cover tightly and chill for at least 2 hours, overnight for best results (can refrigerate up to one week).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats (or parchment paper); set aside.
- Place cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes (will look underbaked). Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
*Y0u may also use regular Hershey’s cookies and creme bars
Source: Adapted slightly from my Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.