These chocolate cookies are studded with white chocolate in the form of cookies and cream candy bars! Double the chocolate and deliciousness.
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This cookie sounded so fantastic in my head. I used to love the Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme bars when I was younger (not that I don’t still, but I try to resist), and the idea of them being inside of a cookie made me all giddy. But I also wanted the cookie to be super chewy and moist, almost like a brownie.
After mixing everything up, I placed rounded tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet, popped them into the oven, and out came one full sheet-pan-sized cookie. They completely flattened out and ran into one another. I have to admit, even though they didn’t look very pretty, they sure did taste fantastic!
But I still wanted to attempt to fix the problem with the remaining dough, so I busted out my muffin-top pan thinking that would be the key to preventing the cookies from spreading. Granted that also meant making saucer-sized cookies, but giant cookies are never a bad thing in my mind.
The end result? Well, the chocolate bar pieces weren’t as visible from the outside as in the flattened out cookies, but the great taste and chewiness were still there, with a little bit of crisp on the outside. I think it was a success!
However, as delicious as these were, I did end up perfecting them years later and have changed the recipe (and photos) to match! If you want an even more decedent version, try my chocolate cake ball stuffed Oreo pudding cookies.
Post updated 12/2/20, photo above is the original.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 yolk, room temperature
- 2 (4 oz.) Hershey’s cookies 'n' creme bars, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients in three batches until just blended. Fold in the chocolate.
- Roll a 1/4 cup of dough into a ball that is slightly taller than wide and place on a plate or tray. Cover tightly and chill for at least 2 hours, overnight for best results (can refrigerate up to one week).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats (or parchment paper); set aside.
- Place cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (will look underbaked). Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Source: Adapted from Allrecipes and my Chocolate Candy Corn & Creme Cookies.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see!
Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
[…] Oreo pudding mix (which makes them super soft), and chocolate chips (not to be confused with my Chocolate Cookies ‘n’ Creme Cookies). But also inside there is a surprise – a moist chocolate cake ball! It seems like I always have […]
[…] Chocolate Cookies ‘N’ Creme Cookies […]