It’s not a party without deviled eggs, and it’s not a BBQ party without BBQ deviled eggs on a sausage and cheese plate!
Today marks my final recipe contribution to #BBQweek and it’s a necessity. Especially since the World Championship BBQ Cooking Contest is currently happening in Memphis, TN (and I am sadly not in attendance).
If you’ve ever spent any time in Memphis, you know that BBQ sausage and cheese plates are absolutely a thing and that no plate is complete without deviled eggs. I mean, what cookout or party is complete without deviled eggs in general?
So naturally when my husband Bob hosted a BBQ birthday party for me earlier this month with all our vaccinated friends, I requested a sausage and cheese plate to be on the menu. Since he was smoking all the meat I took it upon myself to make the deviled eggs to accompany it.
There’s nothing wildly special about these deviled eggs other than the fact that it’s the recipe I’ve been using since the early 2000s because it’s that good. The only difference is I added dry BBQ rub instead of paprika both in the filling and sprinkled on top. If you’d prefer you could use smoked paprika instead.
Looking for more unique deviled eggs?
- Chocolate Deviled Eggs
- Greek Deviled Eggs
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- Pepperoni Pizza Deviled Eggs
- Pesto Deviled Eggs
- I’ve also made Deviled Potatoes and Deviled Strawberries too!
Friday #BBQWeek Recipes
Appetizers and Drinks
- BBQ Deviled Eggs by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemonade Margarita by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mojitos with Grilled Strawberries and Mint by Our Good Life
- Caprese Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Classic Broccoli Salad by Family Around the Table
- Cowboy Caviar by Devour Dinner
- Grilled Peppers and Potatoes by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Wilted Mixed Green Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Tropical Fruit Salsa by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Steak Salad by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Blueberry Coffee Cake by Sweet Beginnings
- Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe by SueBee Homemaker
- Copycat Dole Pineapple Whip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Strawberry Shortcake by Blogghetti
Three years ago: Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
Five years ago: DIY Cat Cave
Seven years ago: Sweet and Sour Pork
Eight years ago: Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes with Hoisin and Cilantro
Nine years ago: Pasta with Brussels Sprouts, Gorgonzola & Pecans * Or smoked paprika
Source: Adapted from All Recipes.
* Or smoked paprika
Did you make this recipe? I want to see!
Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE